The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Puking after workout

My first leg day on creatine I hit a PR for squats. Felt great went home. Had my shake: 2cups protein 5g creatine filled up glass with gatorade.

Lets just say sink was dirty...should I seperate my creatine from my shake and take protein w/ water after workout. Was it my shake or the PR on squats?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When you push yourself, you will experience that. I have had days where I have felt like puking and others like fainting. Luckily, it has not actually happened.

My friend through up after an intense racquetball game. Although it was tough I think it was mostly contributed to the fact he is a fat ass and any workout becomes intense,

My brother has vomited after leg days right after his protein shakes. I think it's a combination of pushing yourself and following it up with a less than desireable food.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Creatine has made me throw up as well. I think that might be your culprit.

Grasshoppa
    Creatine has never made me vomit...the workouts have.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Maybe you need a cool down. I dunno for sure but thats just a thought.

Usually if you're going to puke from a workout, it will happen during it or directly after. Not after heading home and having a shake and such.

I've known some to experience unsettling effects with creatine.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 11-24-2003 at 12:59 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I ran track (sprinter) in HS and college.
    You'd be amazed at how common it was to see people puking after workouts. Especially when people were outta shape in the fall and after the winter break.
    I have fond memories of puking every day during and after our workouts for months until I got into good enough shape

It's a terrible feeling. If I really push myself on leg day I can throw up guaranteed. It's such a nauseating feeling which really sucks and happens immediately after I'm done working out..or during it.

Wannabebig Member
    It's probably the shake cause i felt fine till i got home (10min after workout)..ill just try protein and water for post w/o shake from now on.

Doesn`t bother me anymore, comes with the territory.

Wannabebig Member
    do you mean like two scoops of protein, or two full cups, as in a measuring cup? Just asking because that's an awful lot of protein to take in at once.

Simplistic
    Try drinking the shake slower.

Wannabebig Member
    2 scoops