Thread: Carb blockers -- do they work?

Wannabebig Member

Carb blockers -- do they work?

Hi guys,

I was thinking to trim down (i have a bit of excess fat I'd like to get rid of) is to use a carb blocker and get rid of that intake, but I don't know if they work.

I figure once I lose about 10 lbs, I start slowly back onto a balanced diet so I have energy enough to lift, and then get off the carb blockers.

Are they safe, or would you recommend something else? I'm just getting back into working out and it's kinda frustrating :|

Thanks

You could always not eat carbs or eat low carb. Never tried them so I can't help ya there.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    You could always not eat carbs or eat low carb. Never tried them so I can't help ya there.
    Yea I know I could, but unfortunately my family is from a part of the world that eats almost ALL carbs, so in the house there is only so much meat before I scarf it all down...

Like I said, I'm just trying to lose weight first, so I am not sure.

Italian?
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTyrell710
    Italian?
    Nah, Pakistani... too much rice and ****, not enough meat

Grasshoppa
    They don't work is my initial opinion. You pretty much need protein to help either build or spare muscle, but in the end, eat less calories than you need to maintain and you lose weight.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I used some during Thanksgiving and about two days ago. They worked for me. I was still in Ketosis after eating large amount of bread and potatoes. It does not block sugar carbs though. Main ingredient is some stuff from Kidney Beans.

They are meant to be used occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by HerculesMO
    Yea I know I could, but unfortunately my family is from a part of the world that eats almost ALL carbs, so in the house there is only so much meat before I scarf it all down...

Like I said, I'm just trying to lose weight first, so I am not sure.
    There is no easy 'fix'. Eat right (low carbs and cals) and exercise...there is NO substitute.

How old are you? Can you get better foods to eat yourself or request them if you can't?

Oh yeah, one more very important word.... willpower
    Last edited by newly_buff; 12-13-2003 at 06:00 AM.
    ~health and fitness are a lifestyle~

If you're trying to drop some weight I'd worry more about calorie intake rather than carb intake.

Don't buy into this myth that carbs are evil.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

No, carbs aren't evil, but they still need to be in moderation and not ANY kind of carb.

People want to eat a whole bag of chips or something similar and then have a miracle cure. I know some of that is calories, but wrong kind of carb. AND too much of it. - Need slow burning carbs mostly. People need to eat right and exercise...period. IMO
    Last edited by newly_buff; 12-13-2003 at 06:50 AM.
    ~health and fitness are a lifestyle~