The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Looking for a good 5 or 6 day split.

Does anybody have a good 5 or 6 day split? I had been kind of slacking lately but its time to get serious again!! I need to have a 5 or 6 day split for personal reasons. Any ideas on where to look or do any of you guys have a good one????

RHoades

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

GONNA GET BIG
    HERE IS WHAT I DO

SUNDAY CHEST TRAPS

MONDAY CARDIO

TUESDAY BACK BICEPS

WEDNESDAY CARDIO

THRUSDAY SHOULDERS TRICEPS

FRIDAY LEGS

SAT OFF

6 day split

I rotate this one with a 3 day split so I don't overtrain, but here's what I do:

Mon - Chest
    Tues - Quads
    Weds - Shoulders
    Thurs - Back
    Fri - Hamstrings
    Sat - Arms

also, I hit each part with 1 x 100 rep set at the end of the opposite workout, i.e.

Monday - 100 rep Back at end of chest workout
    Tues - Hams
    Weds - Arms
    Thurs - Chest
    Fri - Quads
    Sat - Shoulders

If you want to make this a 5 day split, simply do Quads and Hams on the same day; although i'm usually too tired after my Quad workout to do any stiff-legged deads.

Re: 6 day split

Originally posted by shootermcgavin7
    I rotate this one with a 3 day split so I don't overtrain, but here's what I do:

Mon - Chest
    Tues - Quads
    Weds - Shoulders
    Thurs - Back
    Fri - Hamstrings
    Sat - Arms

also, I hit each part with 1 x 100 rep set at the end of the opposite workout, i.e.

Monday - 100 rep Back at end of chest workout
    Tues - Hams
    Weds - Arms
    Thurs - Chest
    Fri - Quads
    Sat - Shoulders

If you want to make this a 5 day split, simply do Quads and Hams on the same day; although i'm usually too tired after my Quad workout to do any stiff-legged deads.

Ummm Glutes? Calves? Abs?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

How about upper/lower/repeat?

Grasshoppa
    Or push/pull/legs.

Also, 100 reps? Ouch.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    I have been using the old push pull legs. May have to stick with that.

Sorry St. Pat

Sorry St. Patrick;

I do abs on days 1 & 4; calves on quad days and ham days.

Right now I am doing a 6 day split that Kenn made for me. It goes like this...

Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Back
    Day 3 - Triceps
    Day 4 - Biceps
    Day 5 - Shoulders
    Day 6 - Legs
    Day 7 - Off

I love it so far and will probably continue to do it for a while.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 12-03-2003 at 04:38 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    hey dedicated that looks pretty hardcore id like to try that once school ends. Can you be more specific about the exercises and set/rep range and what is the goal of the routine?

I just do whatever for sets, reps, and exercises and make sure I hit all the muscles fully. The workouts usually end up being rather short, because well you are only working one muscle hehe. Like on bicep day there is only so much you can do with curls lol. Also like on shoulder day I would make sure to hit front, rear, and side delts very well etc, of course this is a good idea with most routines I would think. The order of the routine, like the days that certain body parts are done was very well thought out and should work well I believe. In fact I'm confident it will work because the guy who made it for me has been having huge success his own routine(s). As for the goal of the routine well I'd like to get bigger, I'm not too sure if that's the goal of the routine but it looks like a bodybuilding routine to me so I would assume so hehe. If you are interested in other routines that work somewhat like this pop in Nathan Underhill into google and you can read about his routines. He works out 6 or 7? days a week also. The trick I think is too eat well, sleep well, and make sure the order is good so you don't overtrain yourself. Goodluck.

for 5 day split look at max ot

chest
    back
    shoul
    legs
    arms

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Originally posted by Dedicated
    I just do whatever for sets, reps, and exercises and make sure I hit all the muscles fully. The workouts usually end up being rather short, because well you are only working one muscle hehe. Like on bicep day there is only so much you can do with curls lol. Also like on shoulder day I would make sure to hit front, rear, and side delts very well etc, of course this is a good idea with most routines I would think. The order of the routine, like the days that certain body parts are done was very well thought out and should work well I believe. In fact I'm confident it will work because the guy who made it for me has been having huge success his own routine(s). As for the goal of the routine well I'd like to get bigger, I'm not too sure if that's the goal of the routine but it looks like a bodybuilding routine to me so I would assume so hehe. If you are interested in other routines that work somewhat like this pop in Nathan Underhill into google and you can read about his routines. He works out 6 or 7? days a week also. The trick I think is too eat well, sleep well, and make sure the order is good so you don't overtrain yourself. Goodluck.
    A few questions: Why would you work small muscles like biceps and triceps by themselves and not larger ones like quads and hams? Remember you grow out of the gym not in it. For this reason I would put them together and schedule an extra rest day.

Why do you think that it will work because it works for some other guy?

As for getting bigger it is not the number of days that are that important in a routine (see Mr. Mason's journal). The keys to growth are proper exercise selection (deadlifts, squats, benchs, chins, dips), intensity, weight and form. These are much more important to growth.

Eating and sleeping are important, but so is training correctly.