The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

hardgainer - what to do?

hey,

found this website by accident and im really glad that i did. ive been reading a lot from the archives ..

a bit about me: ive been working out for 2-3 years but havent gained any mass - i have gained strength though (not too much) im 5'9, 145 lbs and can bp 185 lbs. so thats pretty ordinary.

most of my focus during the last three years has been to not get fat .. i gain weight in my tummy, face very easily - ive been training for marathons (recently ran the chicago '03) which has kept my weight down. ive been doing abwork too and have some definition down there.

however, i want to gain some serious muscle and trust me ive tried everything: creatine, protein bars, shakes, ive read magazines but i just cant gain mass at all. i dont have good genes so i know i need to work really really hard, but how hard? i have no clue what to do ..

if i eat a lot, i gain weight in the wrong areas .. if i dont eat, i stay skinny. anybody with any suggestions on how to get started? maybe i should have sessions with a personal trainer?

thanks,

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

www.fitday.com

Go there. Track your progress for a couple weeks. If you aren't gaining any weight. Increase your calories. When you learn how you eat, you learn how to grow.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

:withstupi

He may surf the net wearing nothing but a gold thong but he knows what he is saying there!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Stop running marathons

Yep your never going to gain much weight if you do much running

Wannabebig Member
    *not scientific*
    hey fspot i was in your position about 3 years ago. i was on my high schools track team and specialized in the long distances. I also about the same time took up weight trainiing in the hopes of putting on some muscle mass. However, if you run alot, like i did your body eats up all the unnecessary muscle for running. i cant explain it scientifically but look at those marathoners they have no muscle mass. I didnt even run the marathon so if you seriously run marathons you are burning everything away.

i was 125 in my hs track days now im at 157. my weight/muscle mass cuz i didnt gain much fat has gone up as soon as i dropped running.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Homeyield, ill give fitday a shot.
    --
    Current Stats:
    28 yo, 5' 9", 158 lbs, ~11% bf
    BP: 195x1
    Squat: 275x8
    DL: 185x5
    ~CUTting :-(

Started working out: Dec. 2003
    Weight: 143 lbs, ~12% bf