The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Stecth marks?

Wannabebig Member

Stecth marks?

I am curious as to how to pervent these? I know they are caused when muscle tissue is torn to much in a short period of time but i have them on my left pec not my right and on my right lats not on my left lats can someone explain this?
    In Great Attempts It Is Glorious Even To Fail..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

have you gained/lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time?

I hear cocoa butter works to get rid of them or at least make them less visible
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Umm, I thought they were more specifically caused by the growth that results after all that tearing.

Do you do all your chest and back exercises with a bar, or DB's to allow each side to work independently? Using a bar allows your "dominant" side to compensate for the weak instead of both working equally, though I'm surprised it'd make such a difference.
    I have stretch marks in my upper arms/pit area, more on my right, but still a load on my left. My question always was If these are the only places I get them, does that say something about my chest/back/leg training compared to arms?

Yes, cocoa butter might help, eventually they'll fade to white and be a lot less noticeable. Most guys wear them as a badge of honor, unless they're metrosexual

Wannabebig Member
    Try buying some Vitiman E oil, it takes those away too, I had some pretty nasty scar's on my face from a car wreck back in 95' when I was in High School and I used vitiman e oil on the scar's daily and they went away after awhile, will do the same for strech marks.

Wannabebig Member cathchris2003's Avatar
    Strech marks are a tear in the skin from filling out of the body too fast. People who have rapid muscle gains can get them, but also people who put fat on quickly can get them. The middle layer of skin (the dermis) is a stretchable layer of skin, but if it is stretched too long, the elacticity begins to break down. The skin then produces collagen, which is a strong supporting fiber used for reinforcement, the result being a scar a.k.a. stretch marks

I've heard of a supplement that comes from snails. The snail produces something that repairs and regenerates the skin and shell when they are damaged. It is supposed to be real potent stuff. But I don't know the details of it.

TTFN

Get Big!!!
    Originally posted by Madd Hatter
    Yes, cocoa butter might help, eventually they'll fade to white and be a lot less noticeable. Most guys wear them as a badge of honor, unless they're metrosexual
    metrosexual???
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 231lbs.
    BF: 14%

Originally posted by WaterWalker

metrosexual???
    This gives one a general idea
    http://desmoinesregister.com/life/st.../22900995.html

Get Big!!!
    Ahhh, I think they are describing m............

Uhhh, I mean those guys are lame.

Must be why I despise my stretch marks. My wife can't stand them either.