The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Blue veined member !

Immense pain in shoulder when squatting.

I`ve had an annoying shoulder prob for well over a year, I suspected it to be a rc tear. Didn`t train for a year..still hasn`t gone so started training again.

I got back into squatting today and was practically impossible to get my shoulder into position to hold the bar due to the pain!!! When I finally finished the set I got a bad pain in both shoulders which lasted for about a minute. I had the same problem a while back and someone mentioned it could be bicipital tendonitis.

Any ideas what it could be ? Even my doc doesn`t know he just keeps telling me to swim and take anti inf`s..and is there anyway around it as I really need to get back into squatting properly.

Thanks in advance.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Blue veined member !
    Bump
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Search on these keywords; there's a slew of threads on them:

rotator cuff
    impingement syndrome
    L-fly
    supraspinatus

Blue veined member !
    Hmm..I`ve read all of the posts on impingement, rc tears etc and I still can`t decide which problem it is I have !

It`s not painful to sleep on at all and i can press above my head with no problems, combing my hair is far more painful ( muscle seems to fatigue in seconds and I have to drop my arm) than pressing say 120lb above my head.

I can dumbell press no problem but barbell benching is agony.
    I have torn my right pec in the past and i have bad flexibility in my right pec so i`m guessing ( from reading the posts )it could have something to do with the imbalance.

The pain seems to be right between the medial and rear delt, i also get bad pain from the top of the front delt down into the bicep after doing presses and stuff which I`m assuming is tendonitis.

I did some external rotations the other day and my shoulder was pretty sore the next day but felt okay the day after that.

So what based on the information given do you suspect it is Delphi ? Impingement syndrome or rc tear ?? bearing in mind I rested it for a good 6 month and had it for well over a year.

If it's been going on that long I would damand an MRI. Even a doctor would be gueesing until then.