The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a gun?

Who has a gun?

I've just finished watching Bowling for Colimbine, in which Micheal Moor portrays America as 'gun mad'.

Just out of interest do any of you guys own gun? It just seems strange to me as in the UK you can get 10 years in prison for just owning a hang gun.

Don't worry I'm not a pinko liberal commie

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i dont own a gun myself. but my dad on the other hand collects guns.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I don't know, man.. Guns are dangerous.. Gosh.. It could just be sitting there and then BAM.. You're dead. Guns are evil. I hate ANYONE who owns a gun.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I heard that one time, this guy had a gun and it killed his whole family when they were asleep.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Moor is hypocrite. He says he was raised with guns, but they kept them at the nieghbors house. So that makes it ok. He says he was going to run for NRA president and bring it back to gun safety. Yet he has/has a pettition on his website to ban Walmart from selling gun ammo. Also he talks about getting a gun from a bank for opening a CD, and melting it down. The bank is liscened dealer or goes through one, so why melt it?

So how are the guns laws working in the UK? I am told violent crimes are at the highest ever.

I value my life and my family's more then people without guns. There may be only a 1 in 1,000,000 chance you will need, but I am not prepared to take the risk.
    As far as the people who say let the crooks take what they want, why would they want to hurt you, turn on the news. The WORLD is full sick and evil people.

EDIT: Be civil. That is uncalled for.
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 12-06-2003 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

Bersker, have you actualy seen the movie or just the reponses from other to it? The movie is awesome! To me it is just making a statement. It is up to the viewer to determine what the conclusion is.

I refuse to give any money to him.

Its better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Okay check this out. Before Moore made his stupid comments in the Oscars, everyone was praising his work. I heard countless reviews saying he was awesome and the documentary was very though provoking. Then, the thing with the Oscars happened and everyone turned on him immediately. People started hating him without really knowing his work, all they remember are the comments he made, and what others have written about his movie.

Regrettably, you can stand to learn a lot from the movie, but because of what was mostly spoon-fed to you by the media; you turn your back on the movie. I have convinced like three people who refused to watch the movie to give it a try. Out of those three, they all liked it. In fact, I have found people that are not too much in to politics or documentary period, tell me they say it and loved it. Of course, these people also do not know about the comments he made so they gave him a try. Do not short yourself and judge someone based on others comments. Why donít you actually see the movie and then determine if he is the Anti-American person the you think, he is.

I have 3. If I were not a cop I'm not sure if I would own one or not but I believe that it is everyone's right to make that choice for themselves.

Mikey I GUARANTEE my dad has your's beat bigtime..........lol

As for the movie I didn't really like the cartoon part showing the history of America and the fear.

For those of you in the States that don't visit Canada a lot it's honestly so true. There is something very odd about Canada and how safe most people feel here. For instance I live in arguably the most dangerous part of Toronto and for the most part feel safe all the time.

Give money to him?
    There are other ways to get the video, I'm sure.
    But I don't know about that stuff.....

Darcy Tucker - Where abouts in TO? Scarborough?

Folks, it's not the gun "culture" or availability.

There's a lot bigger forces at work, and quite frankly if you're only focusing on the gun laws and trying to make the genius correlation of guns = violence, you're vastly missing the picture.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Bowling for Columbine is a deceitful movie, and not a documentary at all. It's largely fabricated.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

As for guns, we have a few hunting rifles and shotguns, and a 9mm. Personally, I want to get a Glock .40 when I turn 21.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

I know Fox News don't like the film. We get Fox News in the UK as well for some reason. I thought the film was good, but I realise when I watch stuff like that it's only one side of the argument.

Although I hate Michael Moor and I have no problem with guns, nothing makes me feel queezy and disgusted like people who are obsessed with guns. I'm not talking about the average person who wants a firearm for home defense and a good hunting rifle. I mean the guy with the mullet in a sleeveless plaid t-shirt at the rifle range seated behind an Armalite AR-50 gas powered anti- tank cannon. And I want to vomit when I see Jim-Bob strutting around swollen with pride in himself for having a piece of field artillery at his command. I just cannot be convinced we NEED the right to possess weapons like that or that our fore-fathers considered fully automatic drum-fed 12 gauge shotguns as weapons we should keep and bear.

I also hate the guys who want 7 concealed guns on them at all times. One of my colleagues is this way. He always has at least 4 concealed guns on him. Obviously there is no practical need for that. It makes him feel tough and does not protect himself or his family any more than if he had only one.

People like that make me want more strict weapons laws.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

australia and the uk should be similar...

you can expect 1year in jail for having a loaded unlicenced pistol

In the UK we banned hand guns after some nutter went into a school in Dunblain Scotland and killed a load of kids. Im sure the jail sentence is upto 10 years. We have some of the most strict legislation in the world on this.

thought australia and the uk would be the same heh

The movie didn`t completely make sense, it was self contradicting in some ways.

I really have no opinion on gun laws anymore. I honestly dont think any country will be greatly helped or hurt by allowing or not allowing registered gun ownership by people with a clean record.

The most interesting point in the movie imo, is the "culture of fear" being portrayed. 3 locks on every door, dont go out after dark and we have to "protect our family".
    The protection of ones family immediately raises the question with me- from what?
    the freaking boogie man? a burglar? I know some of that scum, I know some burglars or former burglars, and those guys would crap themselves in 5 colours just thinking about having to murder someone. The minute they know somebodys on to them they run.

The contrast between the americans and the canadians interviewed was of course a bit skewed, i bet they did cut out some people that didn`t fit the point they were making. but the general idea is true, and I`m happy to be more like one of those Canadians than the Americans. Alot would have to happen in my neighbourhood before I will be locking all my doors, and I will probably have moved before it ever gets that far. Looking at this film it seems to me there is some sort of irrational primal fear inside some americans`heads and from americans I have talked to and most forums its pretty much true.

I also agree that people should entirely STFU about South Park and Marilyn Manson.

but wasnt that the point of the movie, fear = money, fear is the worlds biggest bizniz.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by JD77
    Although I hate Michael Moor and I have no problem with guns, nothing makes me feel queezy and disgusted like people who are obsessed with guns. I'm not talking about the average person who wants a firearm for home defense and a good hunting rifle. I mean the guy with the mullet in a sleeveless plaid t-shirt at the rifle range seated behind an Armalite AR-50 gas powered anti- tank cannon. And I want to vomit when I see Jim-Bob strutting around swollen with pride in himself for having a piece of field artillery at his command. I just cannot be convinced we NEED the right to possess weapons like that or that our fore-fathers considered fully automatic drum-fed 12 gauge shotguns as weapons we should keep and bear.

I also hate the guys who want 7 concealed guns on them at all times. One of my colleagues is this way. He always has at least 4 concealed guns on him. Obviously there is no practical need for that. It makes him feel tough and does not protect himself or his family any more than if he had only one.

People like that make me want more strict weapons laws.
    JD, you don't make a whole lot of sense here. To a lot of people guns are a hobby. Do you hate people that have 10 cars?
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 12-07-2003 at 10:44 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Geez, did you people even watch the movie?

First of all, I didn't like the movie very much. I thought it was a pretty poor piece of work all around, on most levels. His ambush tactics are unfunny and not particularly interesting. Indeed, I don't like Michael Moore that much to begin with. However, I was impressed with his Oscars speech, where he was the only person in the entire film industry with any sort of moral courage. And he was right, but everyone forgets that.

But! The point of the movie was not that guns are bad, but rather that the U.S. has an insane culture of fear that is largely a media creation. Canada has similar levels of gun ownership but they seem to be much more level headed, without this extreme paranoia, and crime is significantly lower. Basically, if you have a lot of guns available, and some weak willed people who are told repeatedly that "they're out to get you" then you have a recipie for disaster.

I think it is impossible to ban guns what with the 2nd ammendment. Also, gun ownership level doesn't seem to be a significant factor in crime rate or reduction. We see that economic factors and intelligent enforcement are much more important.

that was a bad movie, but worth watching. i dont care for Moore, and i dont like how he picked the most idiotic people in the world to represent the gun owning population.

he did seem to come across as unamerican, and displaying the US' past of hypocrisy. but at the same time he basks in the country he apparently loathes, so he too is a hypocrit.

one thing i really liked about the movie was marilyn manson, who i normally hate. he really pointed out what i thought as well about the high school shootings. that the "victims" were actually the catalysts to the killings. maybe if someone would have showed some compassion and listened to the kids they wouldnt have felt so isolated and a need to go to such an extreme as they did.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

oh yeah, as far as actualy gun ownership goes....think of guns like drugs, if they are ruled illegal, they will still be easily attainable. and still misused as they often are today anyways.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.