Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My results: APF Southern States

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar

My results: APF Southern States

Weight- 158.1

Squat:
    1st- 529....2 reds. I destroyed it and I got called for depth by one side judge and the friggin front judge!! Who can judge depth on a wide squatter from the front??? You should have seen the look on eric's face, lol. I thought he was going to kill somebody.
    2nd- 551...Good(76 lb meet PR). Eric made me take this soo deep that my back was practically parallel to the ground because I couldn't keep my arch anymore...fought it up, but it was ugly.
    3rd- 589... miss. We tightened everything up. I went out and headbutted the bar(gave me a nice lump). I tried to crack the weight, but was set up too far in front of the bar. I tried to reposition my feet but when I took it out I was off balance. I went down like 2" and started to lose it so I had them take it. Oh well.

Bench:
    1st- 281...joke(36 lb full meet PR/31 lb meet PR)
    2nd- 303...cake(58 lb full meet PR/ 53 lb meet PR)
    3rd- 330... suprisingly easy. Very fast(85 lb full meet PR/80 lb meet PR). Pete pulled and adjusted the shirt on the last one. I kept my arch way the fuk up and this one was easy. 350+ easy in my next meet.

Deads:
    1st- 435...smoked
    2nd- 485...little slow but pulled through it strong.(35 lb full meet PR/5 lb meet PR)
    3rd- 523... only got it to just below the knees. I was soo shot when we got to deads, but after I had the PR, eric just said throw the canvas on and called for 523 to go for 1400 total. Not quite there yet, lol.

Total- 1366(196 lb meet PR from just 13 weeks ago). This meet was by far my best meet ever. It was an amazing thing to see the whole team just kick ass. I don't think we had one lifter that didn't hit at least 1 PR, but I actually think all 11 of us hit multiple PR's!

I just want to take this time to thank all of Team Taylor for their support and just putting their hearts into this weekend. Everyone should be proud of what we accomplished and this should catapult those who are going to the Seniors into another great training cycle.

Also, just a few other quick notes. Congrats Petey C on getting a damn total. It's about time. Now you have some numbers to try and break.

Vinny C- what can I say man, you whooped my ass, lol. Can't really beat 9 for 9. But technically speaking my increase from 1170 to 1366 is higher than your increase from 1320 to 1505. Not that anybody's counting, lol. Welcome to the 165's biatch. I'll be in the open class from now on and we will battle it out soon enough.

And Mr. Adolf. Thank you again my friend. We are all going to say it over and over and over. This team would be a mess without you. Your name is called out during a given training day or during warmups a ridiculous amount of times and you can always answer our questions with the right answer and lend your hand or eye in any way possible. Thanks for showing us the support that you do and I can't wait to help you out when you come out of retirement.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Damn nice job to you and your team, Latty!
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nice job latty, Your bench shot up a ton from when I last read about it.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Senior of Kinesiology
    Awesome job Latty! You'll have that 1400 total in no time!
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Your total is 2x mine at the same weight. Badass!

That contest was in Florida right? Great job, if you live in Florida you are around some of the best powerlifters anywhere. If you live close to Lakeland Fla. let me know, I might be able to hook you up with some guys I know from down there. Lots of 800+ squatters there. And I can tell you from experience, you get much stronger by training with people stronger than you. My partner is a 900+ squatter, and being able to hang with him for a squat workout has made me stronger in the squat than I ever thought I would be able to get. Plus, me catching up to him makes him work harder, cause he doesn't want me to catch him. Works for both of us.

Latty, you are the man. I am very impressed with your progress. You are an inspiration to us all. Anyone who is not blown away with you is an idiot. Anyone offended by that previous statement is also an idiot, and we need to get together to talk so I can teach you "the way". Tee hee.

Keep it up Latman, before you know it you will be in the pages of PLUSA, Hell, maybe on the cover someday.

B.

Awesome work, Latty!!!

I better get cracking. Can't have you little 165ers kicking my ass THAT bad.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Excellent work man!

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Nice job Lat. You busted your ass and you earned it. Keep goin'.

Good job Chris!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

By the way, I just got off the phone with Jon Grove and he mentioned he was down there as well. He said he was a guest lifter. I mentioned you, but your last name escaped me. What is your last name?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Thank you very much everyone. I had a great time.

BM- very kind words man. I actually live in NY on Long Island. I went down with a team of 11 lifters and we all did great. If you have ever heard of Chris Taylor I train with him. He totaled 2105@275 including a 639 bench. I also lift with Scot Mendelson's sister and just a great bunch of guys/gals. I believe 6 of the people who competed on our team this weekend totaled elite. These are the people who have pushed me up to where I am now and who will continue to into the future.

Chris: My last name is Rodgers. I saw big John. He's an animal. On his first or second bench attempt blood just started pouring out of his nose and he just shoved a tissue or napkin in there and kept lifting. If he remembers tell him I was there with Team Taylor and when he was warming up his squats I was the little guy sitting next to him talking to his training partner. His training partner is an amazing lifter as well and has squatted 838@181 I believe in a WPO meet. He was being extra kind and telling me I had all kinds of potential in the squat. He actually told me he was going to set me up with a routine, but I never got to ask him abnout it later. If you can get John to give me his email or anything I would appreciate it. I didn't catch his name though.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Damn Chris, you definitely blew your PRs out of the water! Did anyone have a camera taping the lifts?
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    "How do I...?"
    "What does it take to do...?"

See LATMAN's last 12 months.

That's my standard reply now when someone asks questions about progressing.

Agreed.

I read the results for the other guys over on FI. Amazing work all the way around, Chris.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Do that voodoo that he do
    VERY impressive, man. I saw the stuff on FI, too.

You have no idea how upsetting it is that I outweigh you by 80 pounds or so and you still beat the hell out of my squat.

Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Train like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Fever
    Train like he does.

Touche.

-galileo

I trained like he does for a long time. Science doesn't lie. It worked very well.

Oh, I'm certainly not arguing. I found very good results from a similar West Side split that I just completed. Of course, some sort of nasty virus that I refuse to get mono tested for has crushed a lot of those out of me lately.

I didn't train bench like that (modified Metal Militia style), but I might look into it in the future.

-galileo

Congrats on the meet man.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Amazing job Chris!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

bone crusher
    Awesome Chris!!!!!!!!!!!

Neollagnailati
    Hey Latman
    I read your recommendations to someone about bench press form a few weeks back, and I was wondering if you had a video of it. Your squat video was informative, too.

You are amazing latman.