Thread: help me !

Baby Builder

help me !

hi guys..i need some help. I have been lifting constantly for about 3 years and i'm just not seeing the results i should be geting. I was once a state champ wrestler and i had coaches to make me workout routines and then i got injured. Now i have to come up with my own and i just dont think there working. I'm currrently training to become a college cheerleader, which takes lots and lots of
    strength. I lift 5 days and week and i'm just wondering if someone could help me out a little bit with what types of things i should be doing to greatly increase my size and strength.

Baby Builder

whoops

Guess i should probubly tell you all what my routine is at the moment..

Day 1:

Bench: 4x5
    DB Bench: 3x10
    Preacher Curls: 3x10
    Reverse Curls (useing lat pull down machine): 3x15

mile run and about 100 crunches

Day 2:
    Squat: 3x10
    Leg Press: 3x15
    Cav Press: 4x25
    Deadlift: 3x10
    Power Clean: 3x10
    Shrug: 3x20

mile run and 100 crunches

Day 3:
    Repeat day 1

Day 4:
    Repeat day 2

Day 5:
    Repeat day 1

I'm about 5'8 and 215 with about 15% BF

Your abs are not any different then any of your other muscles, why are you doing 1 set of 100 everyday? Would you do 1 set of 100 bench everyday?

Baby Builder
    because i'm stupid lol..like my post says, i need help..thanks for improveing my routine allready

Neollagnailati
    I'm not sure what kind of athletic needs you have to be a male cheerleader, but for bodybuilding in general the consensus seems to be that you should work out fewer days. I only directly work each body part once a week, though some do twice. Also, you might want to get some more back work in there, like barbell rows and pullups. Is there a specific reason that you only do sets of 5 with bench but up to 25 with other exercises?

Your not stupid, its a common thing that people do. I would say the olympic lifts would be very good for cheerleading, your already doing power cleans so thats good. Maybe throw some hang cleans, snatches, and clean and jerks in there too.