The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    If teens don't get gyno, does that mean they're testosterone is naturally low?
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Who told you that teens cant get Gyno? They can get gyno.
    And there testosterone arent naturally low, there naturally high.
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Dude, if you get Gyno when you're a teen...WOW! That is great for ya' bro. You get the gland removed, insurance pays for the operation. Then if you decide to do Gear in the future you don't have to worry about it AT ALL

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Getting transient gynocomastia as a teen says nothing about your testosterone levels relative to others.

Short-n-buff,
    Speaking from experience, teens can get gyno. I had it at 13. As Chris said, test levels aren't universal, everyone has a different test level to a certain extent. Besides, to my knowledge, gyno is caused by high estrogen levels in the body. Some people on gear get gyno and their test levels aren't low.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

I never said teens can't get gyno. I asked this question because i'm 17 and I don't rmember having gyno. I just want to know if i'm a normal teen.
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

Wannabebig Member
    If you lift weights, your excess testosterone is used in growth and you wouldn't get gyno during teens.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Sorry to seem like a noob...but WTF is Gyno?

Male breasts

Gary, that is a completely erroneous statement.

Gary,
    As I had said in my previous statement, the occurence of gynocomastia is related to estrogen levels in the body. It does not come from excess testosterone.

Lemme restate my confusing question:

If a CERTAIN teen does't get gyno, is his hormone levels abnormal?

And a new question: Doesn't excess test always convert to estrogen? Isn't transient gyno a result of hi-test levels?
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

If a teen gets gyno, then the hormone levels are abnormal. As far as I know excess test does not convert to estrogen. I may be wrong, but if that was the case then anabolic steroids would be useless. On the biological level, the difference between estrogen and testosterone is the placement of a hydrogen on the carbon rings. To my knowlege the bonds can't be reversed. I hope this helps.

Gynocomastia doesn't have to do so much with the testosterone or the estrogen levels directly. It has to do with the ratio between the two. Estrogen levels are normally low enough in a male that gyno wouldn't be a problem. When you have extra test pumping through your body, the ratio is out of whack, so your body aromatizes some testosterone to form estrogen to get the ratio back to proper levels. Sometimes a body will overcompensate and produce too much estrogen from testosterone. That will cause an out of whack balance in the other direction. Gyno is a side effect of being in that balance. A teen will usually get gyno after having a huge test surge (sometimes denoted by a growth spurt). I got a bit of it when I was 15. It doesn't mean that the teens hormone levels are abnormal, just that his aromatase levels are a bit high. Not abnormal, just higher normal. If he gets SEVERE gyno, then there's a problem. If you just get a touch of it, it's a signal that your aromatase levels are a bit high, not that you're not really a man or anything stupid like that that your friends may squawk about (You could go to a doctor, but he'll probably just tell you that it's normal and it'll go away after a while). If you take steroids in the future, you're probably a bit more prone to getting gyno as a side effect than someone that hasn't had gyno before. Be forewarned!