Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: A Diamond in the Ruff

Yeah, that does suck with them jerking you around. At least you made it on. It definitely sounds like the night event was your event. And it's great that it made it all the worthwhile.

Get those pics developed, we're dieing here!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

ST - Better luck net time man, I'm sure it was still the experience of a lifetime.

Couple questions:

1) What was your posing music?

2) How exactly did you do your carb load? What foods, how much, and how often?

3) Other than the fouled up pre-judging schedule, is there anything that went wrong that you're going to fix next time?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Damn, that sucks ST. There's no excuse for them to be so disorganized.

I'm with the others on getting those pics developed!

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    Rookie- ain't that the truth, 5 minutes later and I would have missed the prejudging completely....now THAT would have sucked,lol.

SP-

1- Lying from you by Linkinpark

2- no carbs Sunday-wednesday, Thursday and friday 150 grams of low Gi carbs...I used oatmeal 25 grams per meal x 6 meals. Water is cut around 5:00pm friday. Saturday woke up and had 5 whole wheat pancakes. My training partner baked some oatmeal protein bars....I had 1 of those every 2 hours till the show.

3- Well next time I decide to do a show I'm not going to take 2 months off prior to starting contest prep. Secondly I'll probably cut my water a little earlier on friday and I will get my body used to drinking 3 gallons per day soon than the final week.

Finally I don't think I will carb load next time.

I'll be back, I'm gonna try and hook this USB up to transfer the camera pics.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

Well this sucks...just loaded pics from my digital camera on to my laptop and 7 of the 8 are blurry as hell...WTF??? does anyone know is the Olympus 400 needs to be configured or something???

Anyway I attached the only decent one of the 8...I think this was the wednesday or thursday of the final week.

I'm still waiting to get pics from the contest as I still have no idea how I looked on stage.

ST
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Severed Ties; 03-30-2004 at 10:39 PM.

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

Looking Ace man.

I'm getting a friend to come with me to my show and video tape me up on stage and take some stilll pics too.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Damn, man. You look good. Excellent form to the mid-section.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Wow. You looked great then. I'm sure there photographers at the show. Maybe they'll be some pics up online if all yours don't come out. If you were in that good of shape then, I can't wait to see the contest pics.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Great condition in that pic. Chest looks big and abs look awesome.

You look awesome it that pic! Sure doesn't look like you weighed 160, more like 180.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Banned
    looking forward to the show pics man

the fuzzy pic looks good though... ab city!

Sucks about the placing dude.....that $hit just ain't right. the pic you posted......lookin' good man.....props to you bro!

I'm sure it was a great learning experience - you looked ready and actually did well...ST will TKO next time!

Dude ST you looked freakin awesome. 6th place isn't that bad considering the time circumstances!

About the camera, the Olympus one I have does that if I move it slightly. The trick is to keep the camera totally steady and there will be no blurs, at least with my camera it is like that.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

My thanks to everyone for the compliments, I'm definitly looking forward to competiting again because I know I can come in much better. I learned even more about how my body responds to macro's and training volume which will make me dangerous come next show.

Oh and Beast your right, I was trying to pose and take pictures at the same time so I'm sure my hand wasn't completely steady.

ST
    Last edited by Severed Ties; 03-31-2004 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam MacKinnon
    You look awesome it that pic! Sure doesn't look like you weighed 160, more like 180.

HAHA I wish bro...I weighted in at 145 lbs the morning of but thank you.

ST

You look pretty damn lean dude. And much respect for getting on the stage to begin with, shows a lot of confidence in your work.

I was just wondering how tall are you?
    5'6"
    160lbs
    480x1 deadlift
    315x5 squat (atf)
    260x1 bench

"He's used to doing the jerk first, then the clean." -Xian

"Eat more? I am already consuming more than 2500 cals a day." -Danpiel

Definitely looked solid the week before the contest ST. Can't wait to see the contest pics.

Hahaha..ST is like 5'4.
    Last edited by heathj; 03-31-2004 at 06:49 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Severed Ties
    Oh and Beast your right, I was trying to pose and take pictures at the same time so I'm sure my hand wasn't completely steady.
    you can get a mini-tripod from most camera shops for like $15... get one small enough and it can fit right in the camera case even if it's a really small case... worth it for quick posing pics as well as other basic shots on vacations and what have you

Finally got some time to breath so I'll update this.

For those that don't know I just started a new job the week after the show so I had been going through training and what not which was eating up all my free time....so because of that the film from the contest is still on the kitchen table waiting to be developed.

Post contest rebound is kinda scary, 72 hours after the show I was up 17 lbs...after a week I leveled off up 25 lbs. So my bodyweights been around 170. Strength is coming back which is very nice, I can do about double the amount of reps on any given lift I was doing the week before the contest.

These last few days I've cleaned up my diet from the eatfest it has been and my bodyweight dropped to 165 this morning.

My typical days diet looks like.

Meal 1-

2 ham an egg sandwiches-

breakdown-

2 english muffins
    4oz ham
    2 eggs
    5 egg whites
    2 slice no fat cheese

Meal 2

1 Myoplex or Ultramet shake
    1 granola bar

Meal 3

2 sandwiches-

breakdown-

4 slices of Rye or whole wheat bread
    6oz deli cold cuts (ham/turkey)

Meal 4

Same as meal 2

Meal 5

2 grilled chicken tortillia/wrap things

6oz grill chicken
    2 soft flour wraps

Meal 6- post workout

1 serviing Biotest surge

Meal 7-

6-8oz chicken or flank steak
    1 cup of rice or pasta

meal 8-

Bowl of cereal or oatmeal
    Scoop of nitrean, AP, or Zero carb

This is just a guideline for my day, I'm not very rigid with this but if I don't keep a basic plan I end up missing meals when I should eat and then overeating later.

Saturdays are always a cheat day starting at IHOP...pretty much eat whenever I want.

I'm in more of a lean mass phase right now, I'm not looking to bulk up as I simply put on too much fat so I'm just going to bring my bodyweight up slowly. Because I'm not counting my calories or seperating my macronutrients I will probably add a little fat but whenever my bodyweight gets over 170 I'll cut back for a week or two.

Theoretically I'll move to a leaner 170 each month until I start my next contest diet. I'm fairly certain based on my contest dieting results I can diet off 5-10 pounds of fat without compromising the muscle I'm building in the least.

I guess this is kinda like Bill phillips ABCD done ST style...now who thought anyone would put that crap to use,LOL.

ST

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    inspirational.....Bravo.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Post contest rebound is kinda scary, 72 hours after the show I was up 17 lbs...after a week I leveled off up 25 lbs. So my bodyweights been around 170.
    Damn, that's worse than me. I weighed in friday at 162.5 and I was at 174 by Sunday night.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    Damn, that's worse than me. I weighed in friday at 162.5 and I was at 174 by Sunday night.
    I honestly think I gained 10 pounds at the cheesecake factory that night after the show....I demolished 5 appetizers and 6 loafs of bread before they even got my steak in front of me...washed it down with like 10 beers and called it a dam good night HA!

ST

I honestly think I gained 10 pounds at the cheesecake factory that night after the show....I demolished 5 appetizers and 6 loafs of bread before they even got my steak in front of me...washed it down with like 10 beers and called it a dam good night HA!

ST
    hahaha nice. You definitely deserved it. Patty needs to catch up.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties