The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1282
    Quote Originally Posted by Severed Ties
    Skipped tri's as I had a poker game to get to. No gym tonight just going to hit a solid hour of cardio. I'm down another 2 pounds to 187 so again not sure if thats good or bad,lol.
    Shouldn't U be gaining right now, lol?...and don't be skipping tri's, lol. The lighter workouts have their place, good job.

Nice work Ry...keep cleaning up on poker and you can retire
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Good Job, Nice lifting and Poker. Don't get married and ruin a good thing.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

blackLabel here I come

nice Light w/o makes my heavy days feel like that of a 7 year old girl
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    Kipp- Glad to help

Coke- no I'm trying to get un-fat, the amount of excess water I'm carrying should have stabilized by now so my weight should be a bit more consistant.

Rob- Thats the plan once the website goes up, I'm hoping it's successful enough so I can retire and just play full time. I have a great job but poker is never work to me...

Mid- My girls been trying to lock me down for the last 5 years...it ain't happening,lol....maybe when I get into my 40's or something but I figure I'll be rich enough to find a nice trophy wife or two,lol...

Mase- We'll be putting up the first downloadable version of our holdem engine online on March 24th. It may not have a few minor options like bet ahead buttons but I want the site up and something to download for when I'm in Florida.

Updates-

Ok despite the pizza and pancakes last week my skinfolds decreased a total of 3mm. Since the gym lost the chart we don't know what bodyfat approximate that works out to but all that matters is that they go down.

Whats odd is judging by the mirror I saw the most improvements this week cause of all the cardio I did yet I saw the lease skin fold decrease so just goes to show not to read to much into numbers and use a variety of ways to track your progess.

Oh my weight also went back up to 189 so that was good.

Other news...so my M3 is like 30 days off warranty and I'm having problems with the headlights and turn signals so I'm going to try and trade it in. Fixing my one headlight is approx $2K if there is no wiring problems....if I have a short somewhere which is blowing the HID bulbs I could be looking at $5K to find and fix it....so it's time to shop for a new toy....I was looking at the Mercedes SLK350 (maybe 55 AMG) but the availability is so low for them I either have to order one which takes 5 months (not an option) or settle for one they can locate and trade for. The AMG which had peaked my interest they want approx $7K over MSRP so thats out...

Overall I wasn't impressed with Mercedes it seems if they don't have it on the lot they really stick it in you to get the model you want in the color you want (if your luckey) and forget about the right features....so I'm heading over to chevy after work to look at the new Vette..

Any of you guys have either of these cars?....I know there not similar in anyway but there the only two I really have my eye on without having to finance anything....if I finance I'll buy something stupid like a Viper so I'm not even calling my bank....

Ry
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

Whatever yo do for a living I want in on the action. Can you hook a brother up? Buying a new vette without financing. Playing poker all the time. Where do you live and what do you do?
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Banned
    my dad bought a 05 CLK500 on ebay.. its a sweet car

ebay really isn't a bad medium for big purchases.. he's bought many other fairly expensive cars off there too

Mid- I have a 9-5 as a manager at Solgar vitamins but every morning I wake up and wonder why I even go in?...I just don't really sleep much anymore. I play poker from 10:00pm till 3:00am most nights of the week and I'm in AC every other weekend....if I told you what I cleared last year from poker alone you would think I'm lying or bragging.

F=ma- Most certainly agree if you use the right services and research the car properly there are some great deals.

Back tonight

Chest supported row

2 plates x 12
    2 plates x 12
    3 plates x 12
    4 plates x 10
    drop set
    4 plates x 8 / 2 plates x 8 / 1 plate x 10

HS pull down

3 PPS x 16
    4 PPS x 12
    5 PPS x 10

DB pullovers

80 x 12
    90 x 12
    100 x 12

BB rows

185 x 12
    225 x 12

ST

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

OK now I must know how much you cleared from gambling.. I asked so its not bragging or lying its simply answering my question.. Oh and the new vettes are pretty nice, but ive never been a fan of their tranny a little too touchy for my taste but its an overall nice car..

nice w/o btw
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

You are my bestest friend ST, lol - ...seriously it's great that you are good at poker, nice deal to find one's niche. Take your time on the car front, I'd wait a minute and really key in on the very kind I wanted. Nice back day.
    Last edited by Coke; 03-14-2006 at 04:21 AM.

I'll second mase's request and raise him a where the hell is "AC"?
    Here we go again!

Banned
    get a lotus exige

only 50-60k and definitely attracts attention. i was driving my dads elise (lesser version of exige) one time and these two random girls on the sidewalks flashed their titties at me. only downside is that they have very low ground clearance

http://images.google.com/images?q=lo...=Search+Images

I'll bet 10 to 1 AC=atlantic city

Nice back session Ry...i bet the lats felt like they were just blowing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    I'll bet 10 to 1 AC=atlantic city

Nice back session Ry...i bet the lats felt like they were just blowing up.
    Told you I was old. New Jersey= Atlantic City. DUH.
    Here we go again!

Mase- I usually don't like posting stuff like this and if any of you report me to the IRS I will hunt you down but I started 2005 with a poker bank roll of $1000 and ended with just over $126,000.

Most of what I win goes towards the loans I took to build blacklabelpoker but I keep some to blow on toys (cars)....gambling isn't my vice...cars definitly are...

Coke- Well turns out I didn't need to wait as White Plains Mercedes found me the exact car I wanted. Only 4 in the country set up the way I want but they secured one for me so I got the SLK 55 AMG in black with black and red leather.

Mid- Rob hit it.

F=ma- The lotus isn't an everday car you really need a second ride and the lotus uses magnesium wheels which chip easily in small pot holes. I know cause a friend of mine as one and the rims are $4000 each. He has a 1000 miles on the car and has already replaced 3 rims so while the price is nice it's completely impractical.

Rob- was an awesome session I had DOM's till yesterday from it,lol

Last night just blew out a session of arms

all exercises were supersets with 1 minute of rest.

HS preach curls 45 x 12
    staight bar press down 80 x 12

HS preach curls 80 x 10
    staight bar press down 120 x 12

HS preach curls 95 x 5
    staight bar press down 150 x 12

Preacher curl 55 x 12
    Skull crushers 80 x 12

Preacher curl 65 x 12
    Skull crushers 90 x 12

Preacher curl 75 x 7
    Skull crushers 100 x 11

bw Chin up x 10
    be Dips x 15

bw Chin up x 10
    be Dips x 15

Rested like 5-6 minutes then repeated above.

Had such a serious pump that I was getting cramping in my forearm when I tried to wash my hair after the gym....anyone else get that?

Ry

That session is so intense Ry...you had to post it twice.

Your workouts are looking big and strenght is impressive as always. I will be very jealous of you when blacklabel goes online and you can quit your job. I better see you on tv!

That Mercedes is sweet and unique, love the black and color scheme you chose bro...serious supersets for bi's/tri's.
    Last edited by Coke; 03-17-2006 at 05:46 AM.

Car should be in on thursday so I'm going to take some farwell pics of the M...I've gotta say the M completely changed my opinion of german cars.

bodyfat check in went well lost another 3mm's this week which I really didn't expect. Because my gf was so kind to remind me of lent I had pizza for 2 meals on friday and was sure my week was going to be shot but still lost and still getting stronger....new wheels on the way...life is good....

Chest thursday-

SM bench

135 x 12
    225 x 12
    315 x 12
    405 x 3 + 2 partials + 2 forced
    * I usually struggle with the bottom portion cause of my shoulders but all 3 reps were perfectly smooth with no spot.

dropset 285 x 12 / 135 x 12

DB Flyes

55 x 12
    65 x 12
    75 x 12
    85 x 10

Cable Flyes

50 x 12
    60 x 12
    70 x 12

ST

You gotta get us some pics of the new car and the Z as well. I'm interested in seeing the Z finished.

405x3=
    Here we go again!

Killer session Ry...way to keep the fat loss going!

Damn your bench strength is outta' control ST, and your DB flyes are right up there too.

Mid- that makes two of us,lol

Pup- Thanks, very pleased with how things are going lately...I suppose the extra test is what is letting me get away with the cheating I've been doing on the weekend cause I've let myself get a bit more out of control than I had expected and I still lost fat if I'm rock solid M-F. Also it's a hell of alot easier to lose fat at 190 than it was 165 due to the extra LBM so I guess it all plays a role. My water and supplements are also better this time around so I guess I'm finally dialing everything in....good thing is since I've been able to cheat as much as I have I have none of the cravings or fatigure that comes with dropping weight so I'll probably just keep dieting straight into june.

Venom- Thanks bro felt like changing it up with the flyes this week but I might stick with the Flye's for a bit.

Legs tonight-

HS hack squat

Legs/traps

HS hack squat

2 PPS x 12
    4 PPS x 12
    6 PPS x 12
    8 PPS x 12
    9 PPS x 12*
    *I was good for another few reps but I took #12 a little deeper than usual and my spotter needed to come in so that pissed me off....

Leg press

4 PPS x 15
    5 PPS x 15
    6 PPS x 12
    *started getting dizzy after set 3...not sure if it's just cause of the heavy sets on the hack, low carbs, or not having eaten but I wasn't feeling good after this....

HS Leg extensions

2 Plates x 15
    3 plates x 12
    4 plates x 12
    *was still feeling dizzy and started getting a little lightheaded so I called it quites here.

ST

Awesome stuff at the Smith Machine, benching all that weight without using a spotter...super leg day too.

Those hacks are outa control! Nice work man.