The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I've been on a bulking diet for a month, need alittle advice

Hello all, I have visited this site many times, but just now got an account. Since November 3rd I have been on a bulking diet, recording what I eat and also my lifting routines. I'm 19 and have been lifting for the last 3 years, always 160 lbs, 5' 10". Well I finally got tired of working out and hardly seeing any gains, so I decided to get dedicated about it. I eat 5-6 small meals a day, including 3 protien shakes, flax seed oil, and a multivitamin. My meals are mostly PB sandwichs, chicken sandwichs, humburgers, beef jerky, cheese, the occasonal milkshake, and usually 1/2 gallon of milk a day.

When I started the diet I was 160, now I am about 170 and I didnt gain fat, so I'd say it's working. On December 11th I started taking creatine monohydrate, and my dumb ass was taking 4 TABLESPOONS of it for the first day and a half instead of TEASPOONS. So yeah I feel pretty stupid about that. Today is my last loading day, so tomorrow I will only take it twice a day. I am noticing a difference in my muscles already with the creatine, I plan on using it for a month and then deciding to keep using it or not after the month is over.

Now that the semester is over, I have 1 whole month to do whatever I want so I really want to make this month count as far as diet and lifting goes. I lift 3 days a week and go to a boxing gym on the other 3 days. I would just like to know what else I should be doing to keep increasing gains, and maybe some tweaks to help me get bigger over this next month. Thanks alot guys!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Don't take so much creatine. One scoop a day is all you need. More than that (unless you're over 200lbs) and you're just pissing it out.

Just eat plenty and keep track of it. Sounds like you're making great progress. So keep doing what you're doing. Remember, try not to gain much more than 1 lb a week or you'll start putting on the fat.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Well after reading alot more about creatine I have decided to stop taking it, I'm afraid of messing up my kidneys/liver, and I have had a stomach ache all day after taking just 1 scoop of it today.

On a lighter note, I saw some friends today that I hadnt seen for a real long time and they mentioned I am looking bigger, which is good to hear when you never feel like you are getting bigger.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface
    Well after reading alot more about creatine I have decided to stop taking it, I'm afraid of messing up my kidneys/liver, and I have had a stomach ache all day after taking just 1 scoop of it today.

On a lighter note, I saw some friends today that I hadnt seen for a real long time and they mentioned I am looking bigger, which is good to hear when you never feel like you are getting bigger.
    Won't mess up your kidneys/liver.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

If you want to stop taking it, then stop. But there's no data suggesting Creatine has any harmful effects on your body. When/how are you taking it?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

creatine is safe.. just take 1 scoop of it daily with your pre or post w/o shake... 1 scoop is like.. about 1 teapoon using my scoop size for comparasion..

Ok, well I decided to stay on creatine till I finish the rest of the bottle, I'm just going to take 1 scoop a day mixed in with my protien shake. I am just really scared about messing up my body, so I get real paranoid when I read stuff like http://www.nutritionalsupplements.co...xcreatine.html

I guess I will see what happens here in the near future.

those people don't know what they are talk about (at your link.) overall you seem to be doing well. you should continue to use creatine. also taking it with food or your shake and with water should help the stomach cramps.

also you might add some fruits and vegetables to you diet. if you're worried about your health, eat those would be a good thing for that too.

replace flax oil with fish oil.

also, are you getting enough carbs around your workout, and calories in general? something to watch.

good luck.

What is the difference between flax oil and fish oil, my mom just gave me flax caplets in a bottle so i just started taking them, im not well educated on what all it really does. Also I have been thinking about the whole carbs thing recently, how many carbs should i eat before a lift? I also dont count calories daily, I just eat. maybe when I stop gaining I will start being more maticulous with that. How many calories should I get per day if I am 170 lbs right now.

On a sadder note, I have what you guys know as gyno, gynecomastia. And I sucks!! I always used to think I was just fat, and my friends would call them bitch tits, well little did I know that gynecomastia runs in my family. I really hate having muscle there in my chest and having fat/gland on top of it, and it kills me knowing the only way to get rid of it is surgery. Right now I have an appointment with a Doctor to ok the surgery, but it's not till march. Oh well, I guess you just have to be patient with somethings.
    Last edited by Scarface; 12-15-2003 at 09:33 PM.