Thread: forearm +wrist pain

forearm +wrist pain

i have been having forearm and wrist pain when doing heavy DB workouts (incline db, curing etc) is this normal? as sometimes doing bicep curls the lifting part hurts my forearms a lot.

Do i need time off the gym to allow this to heal? or go lighter? or maybe its my wrists/forearms that are weak compared to my bicep??
    "It's all about quality, not quantity. That's not to say that the other programs won't work. But you should learn first how to use intensity to it's fullest. You will encounter a lot of programs throughout the internet. None will be productive if you can't lift with the proper intensity." - Maki

Quote Originally Posted by mstar
    i have been having forearm and wrist pain when doing heavy DB workouts (incline db, curing etc) is this normal? as sometimes doing bicep curls the lifting part hurts my forearms a lot.

Do i need time off the gym to allow this to heal? or go lighter? or maybe its my wrists/forearms that are weak compared to my bicep??
    I had wrist pains doing curling exercises and skullcrushers about a year ago. I didn't want to take any time off and I kept pushing it. It got worse to the point where the pain made me go see a physician. She new there was a problem right away..sent me for a scan. It turned out I had torn 1 legament and severely stretched another.

It took 8 months for this pain to finally go away. And 4 of those months involved not lifting weights. I'm now the weakest I've been in 3 years.

Moral of the story - don't push the pain in this game. It'll end the game.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me