Thread: Getting Leg Cramps

Getting Leg Cramps

I've been getting leg cramps in the mornings a few times in the last week. I haven't been drinking much alcohol so I don't think I'm dehydrating my body and I've been good about drinking my water. Shoot, I drank a ton of water at work last night and before I went to bed and I got up this morning, flexed my calf and it cramped like a mofo. Any idea's on why I'm cramping up all the sudden?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

If you're well hydrated lack of potassium can be a problem as well...

Invest in bananas then?

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I got some nasty cramps in my calf during my last cut. They'd happen in the middle of the night and they were so damn painful I woke up and shot straight out of bed.

I cut out most fruits during my cut, maybe that was the reason.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Besides a multi-vitamin it's sometimes wise to take a potassium supplement during cutting as well for this exact reason.

Could be magnesium, also. Don't go taking a whole bunch of Milk of Magnesia, though. It can cause some pretty bad diarrhea. There's a product called Slo-Mag. Not sure if it's prescription or OTC.

Hmm. I keep it in mind. It's funny though because my calf cramped up yesterday morning and it's still soar as hell. I skipped my calf work out because of it and I don't think I'm ready to throw them in with today's routine. Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    Hmm. I keep it in mind. It's funny though because my calf cramped up yesterday morning and it's still soar as hell. I skipped my calf work out because of it and I don't think I'm ready to throw them in with today's routine. Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I know the exact feeling. It'll be totally healed in about 3 days. I recommend stretching it out 2-3 times/day
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

You should have a girl massage it. Works wonders for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S
    You should have a girl massage it. Works wonders for me.
    Dammit Scott! Don't mention a "girl" in one of my threads. Sheesh, you trying to get me flamed more?