The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ABC apologizes for steamy Monday Night intro

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3168960

Give me a break! It's ok to watch some guys just mangle each other, but it's not ok to show a womans back? This is ridculous considering the majority of people watching MNF are guys.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

People will find anything to bitch about.

Banned
    LOL

it's ok for cheerleader calendars from the Eagles and Ravens to feature "oops I forgot my top" pics but should a woman appear seminude on network television it's clearly cause for alarm

America the Free?

try America the Ridiculously Prudish

if only they'd simply slaughtered the Quakers and Puritans instead of driving them across the ocean, there would be a lot fewer of these shrill 'moral' problems in America today

I agree with the article and NFL reps, I remember thinking when I saw that commercial how inappropriate it was.
    Rather than thinking if it is appropriate for you to watch the commercial, try thinking if its appropriate for a 5-10 year old kid. And secondly what message the commercial is sending out. Associating promiscuity (anti-family values) with athletics on a premier prime time sporting event is inappropriate and not the message that most responsible parents/adults want to impart on the younger members of the audience(IMHO).

(granted I'm slightly biased on this because media/ethics were part of my major in college)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-16-2004 at 03:17 PM.

You know the $1.2 million fine the FCC is levying against FOX for some dumb "Married by America" crap? Apparenly, a grand total of THREE people complained.

Red Staters, get your morals out of my life. I want MORE nekkid Desperate Housewives, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I agree with the article and NFL reps, I remember thinking when I saw that commercial how inappropriate it was.
    Rather than thinking if it is appropriate for you to watch the commercial, try thinking if its appropriate for a 5-10 year old kid. And secondly what message the commercial is sending out. Associating promiscuity (anti-family values) with athletics on a premier prime time sporting event is inappropriate and not the message that most responsible parents/adults want to impart on the younger members of the audience(IMHO).

(granted I'm slightly biased on this because media/ethics were part of my major in college)
    yes, kids won't discover sex until marriage if only we all wore parkas 24/7

remember this:

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    Rather than thinking if it is appropriate for you to watch the commercial, try thinking if its appropriate for a 5-10 year old kid. And secondly what message the commercial is sending out. Associating promiscuity (anti-family values) with athletics on a premier prime time sporting event is inappropriate and not the message that most responsible parents/adults want to impart on
    Promiscuity? I think it's just some healthy sex.

Red stater!

(Thanks Nash)

Besides, your darling little 5-10 year olds are all going to grow up and be sluts anyhow.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Mystic Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    Promiscuity? I think it's just some healthy sex.

Besides, your darling little 5-10 year olds are all going to grow up and be sluts anyhow.
    Let's toast to that!!!!!!!!

Note: If anybody disagrees with that last statement, fine. Raise your child to be a prude, and have an unhealthy fear of any sexuality.

Then, realize you can't win...and go out and have a beer.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Down with the Sickness
    Change The F'in Channel Damn!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    They censored Edge giving his middle finger to the camera on RAW... at 9:30 PM. Stupid, stupid ****. That's due to Canada's liberal government though, trying to be "diverse" by giving into all groups (including the complaining crazy mothers who need to be shot).
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-16-2004 at 04:14 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

It may be inappropriate, but no one's forcing them to watch. Just change the channel until it's over.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Thats the whole thing, on channels that run on the VHF wave lengths there is a much higher standard as to what is appropriate.

If it was on USA or ESPN it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Banned

Ya that cause this is grand old america. If i ever have a daughter we will see what happens when a guy starts to talk to her . Its my goal in life to keep them 100% clean till there 18. THen they can kiss and bang anything they want.

Its still funny when my 10yo brother see tits on tv. lol

18, try 35. I mean by the time my daughter is 20 I'll be at least 250 pounds and have a black belt in multiple martial arts. That should help.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    . Its my goal in life to keep them 100% clean till there 18.
    lol. Noble goal... good luck, bro. You'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    Ya that cause this is grand old america. If i ever have a daughter we will see what happens when a guy starts to talk to her . Its my goal in life to keep them 100% clean till there 18. THen they can kiss and bang anything they want.
    why is 18 the magic number?

and i swear it's just going to get worse by the time my generation(i'm 21) have kids. i bet 12-13 will become the average age that kids start having sex in a couple years... it's all that BGH you know

Yeah, kids these days. Having sex at 14.

150 years back, they were having babies at that age. So we went through a brief period of delayed gratification for our youth.

Yeah, kids these days. Having sex at 14.

150 years back, they were having babies at that age. So we went through a brief period of delayed gratification for our youth.
    dang. babies eh?

alls i know is that when my cousin was 12, people thought she was 16 or 17. and when i was in high school, some of those middle school chicks were pretty damn hot... i'm talking 8th grade...

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    18, try 35. I mean by the time my daughter is 20 I'll be at least 250 pounds and have a black belt in multiple martial arts. That should help.
    Don't forget two massive beasts for uncles too.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Lol.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Jotosuds
    dang. babies eh?

alls i know is that when my cousin was 12, people thought she was 16 or 17. and when i was in high school, some of those middle school chicks were pretty damn hot... i'm talking 8th grade...
    LMAO, good one bud.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Banned
    ya i still see some 7th /8th graders that i could sware pass for 16.

i know this one girl i met like a month ago who is 15, lost it at age 13, been with 5 guys already, has "been with" a girl when she was 13, been pregnant for 4 months and had an abortion and some other things. pretty weird.... her friend is a 14yo and she will spread her legs for anyone. weirdos

then again i know a 22yo guy thats a virgin and doesnt do anything

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    id be afriad to be ur friend. get drunk and wrestle aroud ud break my leg

Mystic Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    Don't forget two massive beasts for uncles too.
    Well 3 if you count me