The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

im having trouble getting started with my abs

well, i have a bit of flubber on my ab area. im not fat. the rest of my body is toned rather nice, but the gut seems to have some excess. various ab exercises combined with a low fat consistant diet have not helped me. there is no definition and still have a thick layer of fat over my abs. almost embaressing. what should i be doing more of? cardio? just getting out and going for a jog every morning? will that help me out? i dont think its my diet because i eat quite a bit but its all healthy food, no junk. and i really dont feel the need to up my ab exercises because im doing it quite a bit

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your diet is going to be the most important aspect of lowering body fat, which is what needs to happen for abs to show. Post your diet, stats, training experience, etc.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Diet!

As for specific work, you must use HEAVY resistance on the abs. I started adding heavy weight and only working 3-5 reps, i've noticed a huge increase in core power and added hypertrophy.

Kc

HIIT and Lipoderm-Y

w4Rt

Abbs are made in the kitchen. That's why my abbs suck!!

Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Agree with Fortified Iron...diet and heavy ab work!

my friend, its all about dedication, cut a little bit down on carbs, and increase proteins a littlebit, not necessary to increase and decrease very much, as its going to take little while to see an build any difference in muscle and fat anyway, do weighted sit ups on a decline bench twice a week, tons of sets, and instead of increasing in reps as you would with other muscle, try to increase in sets instead.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Grasshoppa
    I don't think you need direct ab work to have abs show, personally. You just need to lose the fat. If you want added hypertrophy/bigger abs, you'll have more luck doing direct ab work on a bulk rather than a cut.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park