Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Spend?

Hybrid View

How Much Do You Spend?

How much do you spend for Christmas on your friends or significant others? Say anybody that's important to you but isn't family.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I don't buy anyone gifts, not even family...
    My family and my girlfriend if I have one during christmas when it rolls around always buy me gifts.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 12-19-2003 at 12:49 AM.

Okay say it's your best friend. How much would you spend on them? If you spent money on every friend it would take you 10 years to pay it off. But just on very close friends that aren't family or a significant other. Just curious. I had a discussion with two friends tonight cause we've got another friend that's been asking what we want and we're like, "we're not getting him anything." So I'm curious to see what everybody else does or doesn't spend.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

the kid from oz
    i personally dont buy my mates anything but my g/f buys her friends stuff but nothing big just like a book of drinking games or something like that usuallly anything up to about $20AU so about 15US

I only buy gifts for family.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

I~m not really into Christmas. Many Dutch families aren`t

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinier
    I~m not really into Christmas. Many Dutch families aren`t

True that. However since coming to Korea, I've become noticeably more of a big spender. I'd say I spend about half-a-million won.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Everyone in my family is on a budget, so we're just doing stocking stuffers this year...which is more fun and more practical anyways now that we all live far away and have no idea what anyone's needs/wants/tastes are anymore. I recommend small bottles of liquor, the kind you get on airplanes, as neat adult stocking stuffers

As for my friends, I'm going to have to celebrate Christmas with them after the new year...most of us have been crazy busy with lots of stuff and no one needs more stress right before what's supposed to be a relaxing time, so Santa is coming in January this year Which actually works out well b/c then everyone can take advantage of after Christmas sales and that post-holiday blah time in January needs some sort of jazzing up anyways! But even with my best friends, we tend to do small, personal gifts rather than spend a lot of money. It IS the thought that counts.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

For close family ( mom dad bro ) its usually ar4ound 40-50 bucks CDN, For my gf it would vary depending on how long/etc we have been going out, and for friends it depends on how much money i have left :P ( usually 10-15 bucks a peice, just for a couple of friends tho 4-5 tops )

I only spend on family and girlfriend.

I usually only spend on family. Maybe this year I will buy some cute girls something. Thats always good for a booty call.
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

I don't spend money on people (except whores, obviously). They should be (and in fact are) happy with my genial presence. Quality time beats quality presents. Then again: I'm often working all through the holidays, so admittedly they get screwed.

This year I'm even trying to break my "not receiving Xmas cards"-record. So far I've received 3, which does not bode well... Last year I received a grand total of 6! Eek!

><))))))*>
    This year, I'm just getting everyone a christmas card. very simple.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

I spend money on Family and only Family.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    :withstupi

I would get my best friend a gift, but we had a discussion on what to get each other and we couldn't decide. The simple solution was not to get a gift.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Wannabebig Member
    Im still undecided whether to get my best friend a gift or not?

I dont think he is getting me anything ( i dont care) but he may feel bad if i go and get him something. However, i have the perfect gift in mind.

Anyway, my general rule is if i have surplus cash im generous with my gifts but if its not going well then im not going into debt for some shiny doohickie.

and i also hate receiving christmas cards... do you guys have that one bastard who gets x-mas cards for everyone? I hate that

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer

I would get my best friend a gift, but we had a discussion on what to get each other and we couldn't decide. The simple solution was not to get a gift.

Muscle Church High Priest
    I usually buy gifts mostly for family members. In some cases, I will help out someone I know that might not be so fortunate for Christmas.

Maroon
    Email: gpowbb@yahoo.com

Three things to remember: (1) be disciplined, (2) train hard, and (3) eat right

i give out cards saying I made a donation to a charity in their name, but never actually do it.

its the thought that counts !

hehe you guys get it?
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    ~$35 for the girl, my friends will be lucky if I say merry xmas to them
    My brother and I dont exchange gifts because we're both poor, ill spend ~$40 on my lil sister and ~$50-75 on my dad. Everyone else can bite me. :-D No, I'm not really into xmas either.

Bulking Man
    My aniversary is the 22nd - so I roll Christmas and aniversary together for the wife. I spent $450 this year.

My best friend - I spend like 40 bucks on. Like a playstation game or a DVD or 2. Gift Certificates never hurt.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    I spent about $100 (at least) on the gf, about 70 each on the 'rents, and about say $100 on the bro. I have a rep of giving cool gifts each time...even though I'm moved out, I just gotta keep that rep.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

you cheap bastards! Or are you all in high school?
    I spend $100ish on both my gf and mom, $40-50 on my dad, $25ish for gf's mom who always loads me down on holidays. This year was more like $150, $70, nothing but a mattress I have in my basement because his is shot, and $52!

For the most part, the friends and I have a mutual understanding. Yeah, I love you man, but I don't know what to get you or how much to spend and it's bad enough getting my fam gifts, so let's just say "f it, merry christmas".

Reborn Oct 13/03..
    I buy for the following

3 daughters
    2 sisters
    wife
    Mom & dad
    2 grandmothers

We spend about $50.00 - $100.00 on each person
    We spend less on friends, other family, etc..
    Its nice have two incomes