The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

New Cutting Diet

I plan to start this diet on Monday. After much success with my Ketogenic diet and after stopping weight loss, I am thinking of going back to balanced for the last 10-15 pounds before I bulk and begin taking Creatine. I will probably only eat the foods listed for the first week. I will make another plan for next week but will stay within the same parameters. Later on, I will be eating lots of tuna, eggs and chicken. My goal calories intake is 1750-1800 per day, of which 20%-25% will be from fats, 30%-35% will be carbs and 40%-45% will be protein.

Breakfast= Quaker Oats with Whey. Fish Oil Caps

Snack= Natty PB and Banana Sandwich

Lunch=Protein Shake 2 scoops Whey and 1 Cup Non-fat Milk

Snack= Turkey Burger

Snack= Protein Shake 2 scoops Whey and 1 Cup Non-fat Milk

Dinner= Banana or Apple with 1 Cup Milk

Water= 1 Gallon
    Multivitamin

For those of you interested, I have gone from 250 to 177 in 8 months. I am 5í7@15BF. My long-term goal is 185@6-8BF.

Let me know what you think.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Its refreshing to see other people still eat fruit.

You cutting on a cycle?

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Looks good to me, but won't you be hungry? The breakdowns and everything seem good. 5'7" 185 with 6-8 bf will look awesome. Good luck.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

If I get hungry, I figure that I will drink more water or just eat some Jello. I plan on doing this for only 6 weeks and then will start a slow bulk.

At almost 180lbs, I would think 17-1800 cals would be a little too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonl
    At almost 180lbs, I would think 17-1800 cals would be a little too low.
    It's hard to give advice when you don't know a person's body comp and lifestyle. He's been doing this for a while and probably knows what he's talking about. I can say it would be fine for me as well but, I sit at a PC for 8 hrs a day and my only excercise is when I work out and after that I come home and do schoolwork.

Not saying you're wrong just saying you don't have all the facts to consider...

You are correct. My day is sitting on a computer for 8 hours per day at work. The rest is chilling at home watching TV or PC. My workout consists of 30 cardio about 2-3 times per week and heavy weight training 3-4 times per week. The calorie deficit is low, but it is what is required for me to lose the desired weight. Once I am done, I will be focusing on a slow muscle gain. At that point, I will be increasing my calorie count to 15x body weight with same macronutrient break down.

Man, I am bloated like hell. I now weigh 190 pounds. I was at 177 when I was on keto and bloated up from the carbo load and now balanced diet. I hope I go down to 180 by the end of the week.

You most likely wont go down that low, but you probably will go down a bit. And the bloat should get better. Good luck with the diet bro.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST