Thread: Leg Presses and Knee Wraps

Wannabebig Member

Leg Presses and Knee Wraps

I had Knee Surgery in the summer...A minor scope surgery for some tears in my miniscus...Anyway, I am lifting again and my leg feels great. I just started doing squats again and will start wrapping my legs when I get to 300 pounds again (unless everyone advises to do it now). My main question is, does anyone wrap their knees for leg presses? Or advise someone to wrap their knees for leg presses. Can you do leg presses heavy enough to warrant wrapping your knees?

I really hate wrapping my knees, but I hate knee surgery even more. Thanks
    Last edited by Panacea; 12-20-2003 at 01:11 PM.
    6'3 242 pounds and 21% fat on 11-01-2003....hoping for a stronger leaner future

Check out my journal

Leg Press is 1000 pounds on final set. That is 22 45 pound plates with a little 10 pounder on top for decoration.

Bench:315
    Squat:450
    Deads: Not sure.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    start out light and see how it feels. work up slowly and if you feel stress or uncomfort in the knee joint, try wraping it and try it again. if this helps keep it up. and fromt time to time you go in the gym try and go up a little more without the knee wraps to help get the knee strong. but the key is to start out slowly.

but always recomend using knee wraps for the heaviest sets of squats a matter of safety because of the extra instability on the movement (my knees are always a bit wably after footbal season from getign hit in them) but always use straps as a last resort and continue to try and get the knee stronger.

as a side note i had a firiend who got his knee scoped and the doctor had him doing full squats the next day and he pop had the quickest most effective recovery from a torn ligament i have ever seen
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Wraps aren't going to help in preventing an injury.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    Then why wrap your knees on ANY exercise?
    6'3 242 pounds and 21% fat on 11-01-2003....hoping for a stronger leaner future

Check out my journal

Leg Press is 1000 pounds on final set. That is 22 45 pound plates with a little 10 pounder on top for decoration.

Bench:315
    Squat:450
    Deads: Not sure.

Powerlifters do it to provide extra "spring" out of the bottom of a squat. They aren't going to protect your knees.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

bone crusher
    only a knee brace will protect/prevent injuries

wraps really dont protect but give assistance in a lift by forcing the joint to be straight

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    in the begining of training wraps help my knees alot by giving extra support like you said.(there usually banged up real bad after a season of running around and having people collide into them) but now as i squat more and more my knees are getting back stronger and i have to use them less and less

they help some
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"