The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Fatigue

Hybrid View

Bulking Man

Fatigue

I'm having a problem with my lifts. I lift a pretty generic split:
    Monday: Chest & Tris
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Legs & Shoulders
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Back & Bis
    Sat & Sunday: Rest OR 1 day of cardio

I lift 3 exercises per muscle group. Problem is for instance chest - tri day. A typical day looks like:
    Dips - 3 sets
    DB Flat Bench - 2 sets
    DB Tri Extensions - 2 sets
    Flat DB Flyes - 2 sets
    Skullcrusers/close grips - 2 sets
    Incline DB Bench - 2 sets
    Cable Push Downs - 2 sets - the last is a drop set

I work every set to failure. By the time I'm at Inclines - I'm freakin wiped. I can't do anything near my personal best. If I switch the flat an incline bench the next week - my weights are totally different. Long story short... I can't lift as good at the end of my workout. Should I be worried about this? Another thing to note is that my reps/weights move up every week - usually 2 reps per exercise a week. Does that sound reasonable?

More food, more rest - I don't think either of those are a problem... I'd appreciate any comments.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If, for instance, on my chest day I do flat bb bnech first then incline db press, I can't do nearly the amount on inclines as I could if I did those first. There is nothing wrong with that. It simply means you are working hard. I'd be surprised if you could do close to your personal best 6 exercises into your workout. If by then you are wiped out then its really not necessary to keep going. You've pushed those muscles a good deal and since you aren't pushing the maximum weight you could, its not doing much for the muscles. I'd say you'd be fine dropping the last 2 exercises.

Its also very good to progress every workout. 2 reps is pretty good. I typically only get one or 2 more every workout.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    re group your exercises, your putting tricep exercises before some chest movements, put all chest movements first then your tricep movements and see if that helps ya out.

something like this:
    flat DB bench
    incline DB bench
    dips
    flyes
    skulls
    extensions
    press downs

this way you wok your chest before your tricep and you wont ose much power on inclines...

hope this helps
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"