The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar

tight skin question?

I was at 10% bf earlier this year. Right now I'm probably around 13-14%. I have abs right under my skin that are fairly thick and full. However, even at 10% I've never been able to see my abs, even when flexed. I see some of these guys with six packs. They have tight skin that hugs their abs. Even at my skinniest I have always had thick skin that is probably left over from when I was a fat 220 about 5 years ago. I am currently 21 years old. I'm 5'11 170.

What can I do to make my skin tighter so I can see my abs. Is there any kind of pill or lotion or some ****. This sucks. Please help.

-mic-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You sure your abs are large enough?

It takes time to develop a large, strong midsection. Mabye that is why...

Are your BF measurements accurate? You might just be carrying more excess fat than you think.To see visible abs you have to be lean,there is no permanent skin tightener,other than leaness.also you might be holding water ,drink more to excrete more.

i dunno...

maybe the caliper was off

but if it said 10 I can't imagine being higher than 12-13

-mic-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

Deads 515 @ 214

My Journal:

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Soloist
    i dunno...

maybe the caliper was off

but if it said 10 I can't imagine being higher than 12-13

-mic-

What is your skinfold measurement an inch to the right of your navel? (measuring up/down, not sideways) Mine is about 8 and I can see my abs well when I flex. You probably just need to lower your bodyfat more.
    Stats
    BF: 13.2% (6-10-07 w/ calipers)

Lifts
    Bench: 300x1 (9-22-06)
    Squat: 285x4
    Deadlift: 225x10

Long-term Goals
    Weight: 180 BF: 8% Bench: 315x1

Lower your bodyfat % and then go on a sodium restricted diet to avoid water retention.

If getting a 6 pack was easy, everyone would have em.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Restricting sodium triggers the hormone aldosterone, which makes you hold even more water.Drink a ton of water, and you`ll excrete more than you take in.You should be pissing all the time and urine should always be clear,if not you are not drinking enough.Trust me on this ,I`ve done both,and restricting sodium doesn`t work for any length of time.That`s why people sodium load before a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwes
    Restricting sodium triggers the hormone aldosterone, which makes you hold even more water.Drink a ton of water, and you`ll excrete more than you take in.You should be pissing all the time and urine should always be clear,if not you are not drinking enough.Trust me on this ,I`ve done both,and restricting sodium doesn`t work for any length of time.That`s why people sodium load before a contest.
    Wow good to know.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

I know dudes who don't work out and don't watch their diet at all, and have 6packs. Meanwhile I bust my ass and don't have one.

-mic-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

PR's

Deads 515 @ 214

My Journal:

To have a 6 pac you'll need low bodyfat, but it helps to make your abdominals hypertrophy.

Look at some of the pictures at
    http://www.pudzian.pl/english/galeria26.php#

Now, I know he's not a bodybuilder, but do you think that if Mariusz Pudzianowski never trained his abdominals before he would have abs that showed like that (weighing in at ~275 lbs)?