Thread: eating everything in sight..

Wannabebig Member

eating everything in sight..

when you guys eat, do you ALWAYS eat healthy foods with loads of protein and low in fat??? It's pretty tough to always eat the right things so many times a day, so i was just wondering if maybe eating lots of food in particular will help........no chips and candy and stuff like that, but hotdogs, pasta, pizza etc......stuff that is most likely lying around the house. I know these items have more fats and other bad stuff for you but it also has protein and calories too.....for sure eating tuna, white chicken, protein shakes, fish, are all better but it's always not there when you need it or want it.

Just wanting to know if you guys just eat whatever is around, or do you actually follow a fairly strict eating routine???

Thanks, Derek

I AIM for the healthy stuff to bulk, but I'll snack on whatever.
    Coming home for Christmas I don't control my diet as much as I could when in residence at university so my belly has taken a few hits.

When i am at home i eat pretty clean. One thing that has worked for me is to eat my regular 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and have easy snacks in between...that way i'm not constantly cooking food. For snacks i have stuff like FF cottage cheese, oatmeal, fruit, or if i'm in a hurry i'll have a protein shake/MRP. IMO it's best to eat mostly whole foods but a few protein shakes a day is a great way to supplement your diet especially if you are busy. If you are looking for a good MRP i would have to recommend Opticen from atlarge nutrition. I just got a tub for xmas and the stuff is amazing!
    Oh yeah...i also usually have a whey and dextrose shake after i work out.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

to gain muscle you have to EAT. EAT BIG TO GET BIG!! but, try to stay with clean foods so that you minimize building fat; unless you want to build fat
    "Plan for difficulty when it is still easy, do the great when it is still small."
    -Tao Te Ching

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    -Confucius

I'd definiately say I eat big and I eat clean at the same time. I like my 6-pack and I like to hang on to them as long as possible. ( Even though they still go away ! LOL ) The ole saying that you are what you eat is so true. Eat healthy to be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by derK
    when you guys eat, do you ALWAYS eat healthy foods with loads of protein and low in fat??? It's pretty tough to always eat the right things so many times a day, so i was just wondering if maybe eating lots of food in particular will help........no chips and candy and stuff like that, but hotdogs, pasta, pizza etc......stuff that is most likely lying around the house. I know these items have more fats and other bad stuff for you but it also has protein and calories too.....for sure eating tuna, white chicken, protein shakes, fish, are all better but it's always not there when you need it or want it.

Just wanting to know if you guys just eat whatever is around, or do you actually follow a fairly strict eating routine???

Thanks, Derek
    I'm basically gonna agree with what Wedge had to say. Eating clean while on bulk is a good idea for two reasons

1) Minimize fat gain. However, you can do this even if you ate all crap food, provided that you monitored you're cals. But usually when people eat crap food regularly they are not in the same frame of mind as people willing to calculate cals/ratios.

2) Better eating habits during the bulk will make it easier to cut.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Not to mention a lot of junk food is loaded with trans and sat. fats. Not the best thing for you.

uhhhh I been eatin pretty much crap... and... yet... my body is lookin the same... stupid metabolism... (I'll take that back when I'm ~30)

I just had 19 slices of pizza at CiCi's...
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by derK
    when you guys eat, do you ALWAYS eat healthy foods with loads of protein and low in fat
    remember fat is an important nutrient

your body can live without carbs but it's the only macronutrient you can live without

you would die if you didn't eat fat

there are two essential fatty acids that your body needs

Yep. What I do is have a box of wheaties at work, home, and in the truck. A while before I eat I have 2 handfull's of wheaties.

Since doing this I have noticed less cravings for second servings of regular food and it works well for appetite control. Also your body's insulin doesn't spike as much as it will elevate from an already gradually elevated point from the complex carbs rather than go from a low level and then totally spike when you intake simple carbs.
    Fat isn't the enemy.. not fat from clean sources anyway. :o

Or you can try a MRP as Pruneman stated above. they help bigtime when your in a jam for something healthy.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"