The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

suggestions for dropping more weight

I need any suggestions that anyone has for dropping more weight

I currently weigh 255.5

I am currently taking in 2600-2700 calories a day. I have been eating clean for the most part (had one cheat day over 2 weeks)

i intend on starting to take vitamin c starting this weekend. any other vitamin suggestion would be helpful.

good clean foods to eat suggestions

currently my diet consists of mostly these things:
    cottage cheese
    peanuts, some fat free beef jerky, chicken breast,oatmeal, lean steaks, lean pork chops,fat free yogurt no sugar added.100% whey from gnc )usually 16 ounces twice a day mixed with water) fat free milk,

any suggestions would be helpful

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i am taking in 250 grams of protein a day.

egg whites,scrambled in Pam cooking spray,tuna without mayo.Personally I`d dump the pork,jerkey,and all dairy products, just until I reached my goals.add in HIIT cardio, if you don`t already do it.good luck!
    Last edited by tjwes; 12-31-2003 at 09:47 AM.

jerky = sodium up the waazooo not good for those cholesterol levels

yams are awesome

if you like milk - take a look at this stuff.... http://www.hphood.com/products/prod...tail.asp?id=480
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by ericg
    jerky = sodium up the waazooo
    does sodium hinder fat loss?
    Last edited by as0l0; 01-01-2004 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by as0l0
    does sodium hinder fat loss?
    Im not to sure on that, bu ti do know that its not really healthy to have lot of sodium daily, espicially for a diabetic.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by ericg
    Im not to sure on that, bu ti do know that its not really healthy to have lot of sodium daily, espicially for a diabetic.
    thankyou for your reply...I was curious..as I am curious about the "where is bradley" question.

How many times a week are you lifting? How many times a week do you do cardio?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    How many times a week are you lifting? How many times a week do you do cardio?
    working out 3 days a week and cardio 4 days a week

I actually found that my scale at home was wrong and i have lost some weight so i am happy. but if you have other suggestions that would help I am open to anything.

I may start doing the cardio 2 times a day on the cardio day as suggested by another member here

If you're still losing weight, no need to really tweak anything yet. If you stall, my next plan of action would be to shave off about another ~100 cals a day from you're diet.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

That or switching to CKD. That helped me drop about 30 pounds after my balanced diet stopped working. I was also able to maintain most of my muscle. Not that I had much to begin with anyway.

Get a multivitamin and a B-Complex in addition to the C.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee