The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

RealMac's Beginner Pics

I'm new to the whole weight lifting scene. Got a membership to a gym in May here on Long Island, and have only recently really been making use of it. Constructive criticism welcome. I will be going over the nutrition posts here some more to get an idea of what I should be eating.

I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I'm strivingto make constant progress. The best I was in was a long time ago when I took Karate during my adolescent years. I'm 20 now and this seems like a great time to take action in my life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by realmac; 01-02-2004 at 12:53 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good base to start with. What are your goals exactly? What is your weight/height in these pics?

Keep reading up on the forums, and you'll be on your way to reaching your goals in no time.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AstronautJones
    Good base to start with. What are your goals exactly? What is your weight/height in these pics?

Keep reading up on the forums, and you'll be on your way to reaching your goals in no time.
    Thanks for the feedback. My goals are to decrease body fat, increase metabolism, increase muscle mass. I have not yet set specific goals though. Just want to keep improving. I'm 5'8, 180 (as of 1/2/2004)

Welcome to the site.

I would suggest that you cut for a couple months now. The reason I say that is so your body fat isn't out of control when you bulk up.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    Welcome to the site.

I would suggest that you cut for a couple months now. The reason I say that is so your body fat isn't out of control when you bulk up.
    I agree with you on the cutting bit. If I increase aerobic exercise and cut my intake of fatty foods, along with high sugar and high carb foods, my overall body fat (what it is, I don't know) should go down. With less fat, my abs will be more visible.

Helps to see someone else share my view. Sometimes I look at the nutritional facts on fast food items I get or might buy from the supermarket and am surprised at how bad it is for my health.

Realmac good idea but please keep in mind that decreasing fat intake is not necessarily a good thing, the eating of mainly unsaturated fats such as those from vegetable oils, nuts, or fish is actually pretty good for you and can be important in maintaining proper hormone levels. make an eating plan of what you want to eat in a day and stick to it, then adjust it in such a way that you lose about an lbs a week.

with a workout with high reps and some good cardio with a proper diet and rest, you should be seeing results quite rapidly
    "Animosity lies within the bloodstream"

Wannabebig Member
    A lot of things have happened in the last year but I'm ready to go back to training. I have a gym membership until April of 2006 now. Went earlier this evening for cardio and did some work on my biceps. Even though I stretched, I know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow..

Wannabebig Member
    Hot damn it's been a while. 10 years later, I'm still working out but clocking in at 222 now.

Quote Originally Posted by realmac View Post
    Hot damn it's been a while. 10 years later, I'm still working out but clocking in at 222 now.

It has really been 10 yrs What's your gym schedule looking like these days?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinshop View Post
    It has really been 10 yrs What's your gym schedule looking like these days?
    I workout 3-4 times a week. I alternate between pushing muscles and pulling muscles. Mix in ab and leg workouts here and there. Also enjoy try to mountain bike when the weather is right, 1-2 times a week.

Here's a picture from a two days ago.
    Last edited by realmac; 02-26-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by realmac View Post
    I workout 3-4 times a week. I alternate between pushing muscles and pulling muscles. Mix in ab and leg workouts here and there. Also enjoy try to mountain bike when the weather is right, 1-2 times a week.

Here's a picture from a two days ago.
    I here that mountain biking will burn a sh*t ton of calories. Too bad I'm too lazy to try it