The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    must eat more

failure on every set? to fail or not to fail...

ive been been lifting consistently for a year now failing on every set using WBB routine 1 and have noticed some gains (i need to eat more, im an ectomorph) and have started to plateau off...one of my friends who is pretty well built says that im wasting my time failing on every set and to fail on only the last set of every exercise, starting with low weight doing only 8 reps for the first set, increasing weight a bit for the second set but still doing only 8 reps, then increase weight to failing on 8 reps on my last set. he says this is the key to hypertrophy.
    so i tried this today, and i feel like i hardly worked out, barely any pump, no fatigued feeling, like a walk in the park. am i wasting my time? should i stick with what works even though there has been some leveling off (i havent been able to progress in weight). i have tried HST btw and actually started losing mass and strength, yes i followed it just like it said. i have searched this forum as well and as many votes for failure i can find, i can find just as many for no failure. i really like the HIT method, just dont know if should lift to failure or not. all i care about is hypertrophy.
    nzk

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Just do what works for you. Everybody's different. Just remember that if you start losing weight/muscle, that's the fault of you not eating enough, not the routine.
    Last edited by Scott S; 01-02-2004 at 11:12 PM.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    I refer you to current discussions regarding this:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=41049

and a great discussion here:
    http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f=25&t=7457&st=0

And I hardly ever go to failure, but have made what appears to be really good gains.