The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Need some help understanding something...

To get definition and reveal abs, I know that I have to loose body weight percentage by cardio and nutrition. So is it true that this body fat loss should come first and working out heavy (bulking) should come next, because If I bulked with body fat then when I would loose weight it would be a waste? Do I have the general idea of it?? Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Actually. The order is unimportant, but is geared towards your goals. If you have to have a six pack right now...cut. But if you want to get bigger, bulk and cut later. Many people(such as myself) start off with a bulk before ever cutting because my goals are to get big. But if you bulk correctly and cut correctly you should put on muscle mass and not lose much, and it won't be a waste. Maybe you should post your stats(height/weight/goals) and we can help you further.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Wannabebig New Member

I am male 6'2" 190 pounds

I dont have a lot of muscle, but I figured I should loose body fat percentage.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    if you dont have alot of muscle id advise to bulk first tehn cut, you'll be alot more satisfied with the ending results with a few more pounds of muscle on your frame
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Agree with Corey...I'd bulk first then cut...Generally speaking, if you cut, you may lose some muscle as you won't be getting as many calories....also, if you gain muscle, that will help you lose fat later on when you go into a cutting phase.