The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Question on calories...

I am on a limit of around 2500 a day, and so far today I am at around 1500 for the day, with 1000 to go, is it bad to grab a burger and fries to fill up the rest of the calories? Is it only bad because of the fat content?

What I am really after is if you are under your calories for the day, can you eat fast food as long as you stay at your limit?

I am not starving either, i had a nice lunch and 3 snacks through the day, now its time for a dinner and maybe some cottage cheese before bed or yourgut or something.

Anyone?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

if you're looking to lose weight, then total calories is more important than the type of calories.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    You CAN eat fast food all day. But you will not get a good micronutrient breakdown(protein,carbs,fat). However you will lose weight if you are significantly under maintainance calories.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    if you don't mind poison's like trans fats

From a pure weightloss standpoint you can just eat fewer calories whether they are fast food or not. From a health and bodybuilding standpoint fast food is bad because it a) has a terrible macronutrient profile as JeffWillConquer stated, b) doesn't provide you with the healthy things (like vitamins, antioxidants, essential fatty acids etc.) that are found in real food, and c) puts very unhealthy things in your body like trans fats, MSG, cholesterol, and who knows what else into your body as Holto stated.

Anecdotally I've had two somewhat overwieght friends in the last year or so that tried to lose weight and still ate a lot of fast food (one was on the subway diet). They both lost weight but ended up becoming skinny fat guys: no muscle and a big gut.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the response, it was just something that I was curious about. I try not to eat fast food it makes my stocmach ill...

If it's once in a while, go for it. But I wouldn't do it every day.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220