The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Newcomer, lose weight, foods to aviod, foods to eat, questions.

Hello all.

I am looking to lose some weight, I have done some research and am looking for about 2500 calories a day. I am just trying to drop some weight first before getting back into lifting. I am trying to get in daily excersise for at least 30min, mostly its basketball.

Anyway, I see some posts about what people eat and it seems like a lot just eat the same food day in and day out every day. Doesnt that get old, hard?

What are some good foods that I can eat daily to hit my 2500 goal. Is it okay for me to continue on protein drinks even when I am not going to be lifting?

So far, I have been doing like 3 or 4 eggs in the morning with 2 pieces of toasted WW bread.

10 am Tuna and crackers in a togo package from like safeway.

12am usually a protein shake, since i used to take one then after my workout.

2 pm Tuna and crackers again

dinner was like a pork chop, or chicken, etc...

then cottage chesse or some yogurt before bed.

I would get around 2500 with this. Is this okay so far?

What are some foods I should stay away from, that I shouldnt eat ever...

What are foods that are just fine? Pork chops, chicken, steak?
    Last edited by TWISM; 01-07-2004 at 12:54 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It's all about calories, and you're on the right track. Foods to avoid are obvious. Candy, cookies, garbage.

You can take the shakes whether lifting or not, but why stop lifting while you're dieting?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew
    It's all about calories, and you're on the right track. Foods to avoid are obvious. Candy, cookies, garbage.

You can take the shakes whether lifting or not, but why stop lifting while you're dieting?

Not sure, I just wanted to lose the weight. Always been a little overweight and just want to get that knocked down.

I guess you would advise to keep lifting? I stopped due to an injury while wresting with 3 of my friends on a trampoline. I couldnt even left the bar while benching it hurt so bad. Kept hurting for a few months.

I am just kind of new to most of the nutrition stuff. I just guess I need to really count calories each day.

Would I see better improvment with lifting? That would help with the fat loss?

Lifting while dieting would be a great idea, if you're not injured. Definitely help you avoid losing muscle while dieting and will aid in losing fat.

Check out www.fitday.com to help you count calories. It's a great place to start. Also, keep reading in the diet section. Much more info in there than I could give you.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I think you need to read some articles. Go to the main page and check out the diet/nutrition article archives. Dont get into the fancy ones.

Check these out (in no particular order)

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=8
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=15
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison