The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

7-year-old gets stuck in stuffed animal game machine

http://www.chippewa.com/articles/200...news/news3.txt

SHEBOYGAN (AP) -- A 7-year-old boy had to be rescued with the help of a locksmith Saturday after crawling into a supermarket's stuffed animal game machine while his father talked on the telephone.

"He was sitting right in there with the stuffed animals," said Shift Commander Mark Zittel of the Sheboygan Fire Department.

He said the boy, whose name was not released because he is a minor, crawled through about an 8-inch-by-10-inch opening to get into the glass enclosure via a chute where the toys come out, but when he tried to get back out his way was blocked.

The stuffed animals are prizes that can be hooked by players with a crane-like device.

"His dad was three feet away at a pay phone," Zittel said. "He was talking on the phone and he said the next thing he turned around and the kid was in the thing."

He said the boy stayed calm and didn't panic as firefighters responded to the Piggly Wiggly store and then moved the game machine to the back of the store and got a locksmith to open the main loading door. The process took about an hour.

"There was no panic," Zittel said. "We could have broke the glass if there was an emergency."

The boy was not injured or traumatized but desperately had to go to the bathroom, he said.

But rescuers hadn't figured out how the boy was able to crawl into the game, or why no one in the store's busy lobby spotted him and stopped him before he got inside.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That's awesome. He could have peed on a stuffed animal though. I'm sure it would have absorbed most of the urine.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

They should have tried getting him out with the mechanical claw. I bet that would have freaked him out.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    haha.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

They should've taken a pic of him pressing his hands up against the glass.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

LMFAO

That's awesome. He could have peed on a stuffed animal though. I'm sure it would have absorbed most of the urine.
    Yeah but maybe he had to do a #2, that would have been a prize to keep in the machine though...
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Thats funny.

You know, the standard test for failure of a protective shield or barrier is whether or not you can create an 8x8 inch opening in it, which is the size that a child or very small person can fit through. I remember watching an episode of 'Beyond 2000' where they were testing this bulletproof glass type material and they were totally unable to breach it.

They should have my mom talk to the glass for about 20 minutes.

So what was that article about?

waits for this to become another "/pwn3d" captioned picture
    5-9 170

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    Thats funny.

You know, the standard test for failure of a protective shield or barrier is whether or not you can create an 8x8 inch opening in it, which is the size that a child or very small person can fit through. I remember watching an episode of 'Beyond 2000' where they were testing this bulletproof glass type material and they were totally unable to breach it.

They should have my mom talk to the glass for about 20 minutes.

So what was that article about?
    Beyond 2000 ROCKS!! I saw that tamagatchi toy before everyone else..I'm sooo cool
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

you." - Nietzche

that is the funnyest thing i ever seen...

and i still have my tamag... , i mean my sisters tamagatchi
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    I think they should have sealed the machine off and suffocated the little bastard. And taken his obviously attentive parents to prison and executed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Fever
    I think they should have sealed the machine off and suffocated the little bastard. And taken his obviously attentive parents to prison and executed them.
    Are you advocating a police state?!?!

pfft...bush sympathizer

*waits for thread to be closed*
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Seriously, though, if you have some free time and want to amaze yourself at how horrible 99% of parents are, try this:

Go to the mall and step inside either a ladies' clothing store or a kids clothing store. Find a comfortable rack to lean against, and just stand and watch. I did this a couple weeks back while my friend was shopping.

First case. There's a stroller in an aisle, with nobody around. The kid inside must have been 2 at the oldest. He proceeds to climb out of the stroller, falls to the floor and starts crying. This kids mother comes from the far back end of the store and gets mad because her unattended 2 year old got bored and climbed out of his stroller and fell. She sits him back down, heads off and comes back with another boy who is probably 6 and says, "You watch your little brother." Holy ****. He's 6 and HE'S IN CHARGE?

Meanwhile, the boss gets occupied discovering Mr. Winky and the 2 year old starts climbing out of the stroller again. This time he gets out but doesn't fall much so he doesn't cry. He starts to make a run for it when suddenly a little girl, maybe 4, rounds the nearest rack. They stop and stare at each other for a minute and then they both sit down on the floor and start playing with dust on the floor or something. But wait, where the hell did this girl come from and where the hell is HER parent(s)?

I start looking around, because obviously this 4 year old girl isn't at the mall by herself (I hoped). The first Mom comes back after what was probably another 10 minutes, takes a quick glance at her 2 year old on the floor with the girl and her 6 year old standing in the aisle groping Mr. Winky, and turns and heads back to the other side of the store.

Now here is the real kicker. This lady walks into the store, fingers through some racks, checks her watch, fingers through some more stuff and happens to stumble into the 4 year old girl. She says, "Are you behaving yourself?" The girl nods and the Mom promptly walks back out of the store into the mall!

It's just amazing. But it makes it much less shocking to see a 7 year old locked in a vending machine after observing **** like I saw during the holidays.

Saturday Fever, yeah its nuts, but how can we improve it? warning sign maybe on the walls, dont leave kids alone.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

You really can't. We're getting into (in America at least) the 3rd and 4th generation of parents who either don't know how or don't want to parent. I think I have a good grasp on being a parent because I know I had strong parents. But if I had weak parents, I wouldn't have the precedent set before me on how to be a parent. And likewise my children won't either.

It's a real nasty cycle. I don't have any answers for it, either.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    If someone got the kid with the claws while he's in the machine, would they get to keep him?
    Last edited by nejar462; 01-08-2004 at 06:18 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

I have a feeling that Harry Potter had somethin to do with this, remember when he shoved that fat kid in with the snake...scarry ass shyt!

you." - Nietzche

YOU were watching over them and ensuring their safety right?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Fever

Meanwhile, the boss gets occupied discovering Mr. Winky and the 2 year old starts climbing out of the stroller again. This time he gets out but doesn't fall much so he doesn't cry. He starts to make a run for it when suddenly a little girl, maybe 4, rounds the nearest rack. They stop and stare at each other for a minute and then they both sit down on the floor and start playing with dust on the floor or something. But wait, where the hell did this girl come from and where the hell is HER parent(s)?
    OMG HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH!!!!

Banned
    this has to be an Onion news story.

better then the pwned picture? lol Thats insane that a kid could get stuck in a claw machine. I wish I tought of that when i was little, Then i wouldnt have to work another day in my life. I think it makes it funnier that it was in a PigglyWiggly store lol
    Last edited by RinkerxX; 10-10-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1117 View Post
    waits for this to become another "/pwn3d" captioned picture
    LMAO
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Just looking to build muscle, not too worried about being cut

This is so 3 years ago....
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Alert the press!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

woha.

thats krazyness.

I wunna try to get into one of those now : D
    looks kinda fun, with all those toys.

jk jk.
    Female, 17
    height- 4'7
    weight- 109.2

[Squat]-270Goal-350
    [Dead Lift]-290Goal-360
    [Bench]-145Goal-200

We're not here to blow sunshine up your ass. We're here to give you honest, fair opinions.

It happens again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdeity; 10-11-2007 at 08:47 AM.
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves