Thread: Guy Drives motorcycle and grew huge forearms?

Guy Drives motorcycle and grew huge forearms?

I know this one guy who is 5ft 9 and bulked up to 210lbs and was a black belt in karate and did not have too much body fat, I think maybe 9 or 10 or less. Anyways after he got a stomach virus he lost 40lbs by staying in the hospital for 2 months + the recovery time at home which obviously contributed to even more loss. That happened about 6months before I meet him and since then hes stayed at 170 but he still looks built and looks more then 170. Anyway The thing is he said, he has been driving his motorcycle for over a year now and his forearms are huge, The mass right before his wrist is actually bigger then his wrist. Im starting to think, can that much vibration over long periods of time cause the foreamrs to grow that huge compared to lifting weights such as forearm curls? Btw he has a 45 min commute from his house to the training center and he does that 5 days a week.
    Last edited by Sug; 01-08-2004 at 06:27 PM.

Ask him if his arms are tired when he gets done with a commute
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

I used to get Algrebra Tutoring and he was the teacher there. I dont go there anymore it was just for a couple of weeks in the summer.

It has very little to do with the motorcycle. Sure gripping for that long helps somewhat, but most likely this guy just had great forearm genetics.

No doubt he used the forearm stabilization muscles when he picked the bike up and ran with it.

maybe it was from beating the "bad" students.. its a tough job- but somebody has to do it.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

hahhaha no doubtyy
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=41309

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sug
    I Anyway The thing is he said, he has been driving his motorcycle for over a year now and his forearms are huge, The mass right before his wrist is actually bigger then his wrist. Im starting to think, can that much vibration over long periods of time cause the foreamrs to grow that huge compared to lifting weights such as forearm curls? Btw he has a 45 min commute from his house to the training center and he does that 5 days a week.

Maybe his personal trainer goes by the name of Lucien.

Wannabebig Member
    it could be from the bike.. especially if he rides dirt.. i used to get hell sore forearms from riding when i was **** at it... but if he's getting sore arms from his road bike he's riding it wrong. the idea is to put as little input into the steering as possible once its leant over so that the front suspension can absorb the shocks and it doesnt go thru your body to the back wheel.. people who death grip the bars end up on the road ... tell him to chill out on the handlebar strangling or he'll highside
    Last edited by ausBen; 01-09-2004 at 05:00 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    naww, its defenitely because he goes to a secret underground gym at nights, along with all the other guys that claim they dont work out but yet look huge. its a secret though so keep it hush-hush
    im kidding....seriously though i hate the geneticly gifted, the ones who dont go to the gym and destroy their muscles but yet look like theve been goin for years...
    oh well

I've noticed that working a muscle frequently tends to increase the size and strength to a certain limit. Not as fast as weight lifting, but it has an effect. I got a good start with lats and forearms because I used to just do loads of chinups.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    No doubt he used the forearm stabilization muscles when he picked the bike up and ran with it.
    ROFL
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"