The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

How do you folks prepare your sweet potatoes?

I find the canned stuff to be all loaded with sugar and crap...I bake mine but they take such a huge amount of time that it's become a pain in the arse.

I'm tempted to go hardcore and just eat the little bastards raw like an apple.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I put mine in the microwave. If you nuke them in a ziplock baggy, they don't get all dry. Just don't nuke it so long that the bag melts.

LMFAO raw!! Ouch. I nuke em too. Not too sure if that kills some of the good stuff in them tho. Anyone have anything on that? Is nuking them bad?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    i cut it into big chunks ~2 inches, cover with saran wrap, nuke it for 4 mins with a small amount of water. it ends up steaming them - all the water is absorbed and they get soft and mushy.

Wannabebig Member
    slice em, lay'em on a baking at sheet add some olive oil and roast at 350 for 25 minutes
    Teenidol1

"You can say whatever you want. But you would still be wrong, of course." -Henry Rollins

Hell is other people- Jean-Paul Sartre

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Poke it with a fork, 5 minutes in the microwave, chop it up, cover it with cottage cheese.

I'm gonna have to try some of these.

Thanks for the input gang.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Wannabebig Member
    You can boil them just like a potato. I often boil them whole and then eat them whole like you would an apple.

I just cook a bunch at once in the oven and put em in the fridge then nuke em when I eat em. Damn, I need to eat more sweet potatoes.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST