Thread: drinking red bull!! bad or good?

Be strong. Live Long.

drinking red bull!! bad or good?

I luv the way red-bull tastes, but I don't really know wut it does to your body. I just wanna know if it is bad to drink it.

Thanks.

Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...light=red+bull

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth
    I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...light=red+bull
    Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?

may i ask why you drink the redbull every day. cuz if you use it as a pick you up, mabey you should rethink your diet or take a daily vitamin

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.
    yes liquid cocaine very good i had a few on new years.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

That's not liquid cocaine.

Be strong. Live Long.
    I drink reb bull cuz of the taste. When I drink it isn't supposed to wake the body up or give some energy? I don't feel any better when I drink it. Does it really give energy, or I have to take like three a day to feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?
    No clue, I've only had it once. I don't even know the ingredients in it. I just thought it more or less worked like and ECA stack as far as energy goes. So I asked in my thread if anybody knew anything more on it.

Neollagnailati
    Isn't the key ingredient taurine, hence red "bull" ? Honestly, I have no idea what taurine does, though, but this is what I've heard.

taurine- isnt that an amino acid??
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

taurine has a tendancy to speed up ones heart rate, when u couple that with the effects of alcohol(its a depressant) it gives u a kind of irregular heart rate untill the taurine has been broken down, god you would know ive a biochem exam in 6 hours
    Current Status: Cutting @245lbs
    Dead:300lbs 3X6
    Squat:450lbs 3X4
    Bench: 200lbs 3X6 (Low due to rotator cuff injury)

All Natural

Taurine makes you able to drink lots of alchohol without feeling drunk for a while. It's like a mini acid trip. lol

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220