The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Be strong. Live Long.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    305

    drinking red bull!! bad or good?

    I luv the way red-bull tastes, but I don't really know wut it does to your body. I just wanna know if it is bad to drink it.

    Thanks.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,157
    Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  4. #3
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...light=red+bull

  5. #4
    Son of Krypton Majestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth
    I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...light=red+bull
    Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

    What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

    Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?

  6. #5
    Crrrrrrrrrrest!!!!! mikey4402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kent,ohio
    Posts
    1,650
    may i ask why you drink the redbull every day. cuz if you use it as a pick you up, mabey you should rethink your diet or take a daily vitamin

    Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.
    yes liquid cocaine very good i had a few on new years.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

  7. #6
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,289
    That's not liquid cocaine.

  8. #7
    Be strong. Live Long.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    305
    I drink reb bull cuz of the taste. When I drink it isn't supposed to wake the body up or give some energy? I don't feel any better when I drink it. Does it really give energy, or I have to take like three a day to feel it?

  9. #8
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

    What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

    Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?
    No clue, I've only had it once. I don't even know the ingredients in it. I just thought it more or less worked like and ECA stack as far as energy goes. So I asked in my thread if anybody knew anything more on it.

  10. #9
    Neollagnailati
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    671
    Isn't the key ingredient taurine, hence red "bull" ? Honestly, I have no idea what taurine does, though, but this is what I've heard.

  11. #10
    Demotivated. JTyrell710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,185
    taurine- isnt that an amino acid??
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

    Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

  12. #11
    Wannabe Superman bigfella13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    0
    taurine has a tendancy to speed up ones heart rate, when u couple that with the effects of alcohol(its a depressant) it gives u a kind of irregular heart rate untill the taurine has been broken down, god you would know ive a biochem exam in 6 hours
    Current Status: Cutting @245lbs
    Dead:300lbs 3X6
    Squat:450lbs 3X4
    Bench: 200lbs 3X6 (Low due to rotator cuff injury)

    All Natural

  13. #12
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,157
    Taurine makes you able to drink lots of alchohol without feeling drunk for a while. It's like a mini acid trip. lol

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •