The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How to incopporate snatch and c&j into wbb1?

I want to include the snatch and/or the clean and jerk into my routine. I am currently doing a modified WBB1. All upper body movements on Mon and lower body movements on Tues. I rest or do cardio Wed. Then repeat. Where could they fit in? should I substitute them for something on Thurs and Fri? Also, any links on how to do these exercises correctly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How about you just take some excercises from WBB1, add some oly lifts, and customize your own routine?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

That is the plan, but I am a newbie when it comes to these lifts. I would like to know when you guys, the more experienced lifters, incorporate them into your workout. Do you you do these on leg day and skip squats, do you do them first? I just want an idea so that I could design an efficient routine.

Here was my routine when I was bulking last, I had a 5-day split:

Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Back & Shoulders
    Day 3 - Legs
    Day 4 - Deadlifts & Cleans
    Day 5 - Arms

Not necessarily in that order but each of those days once a week with 2 off days in between. It was a custom routine I threw together, and I had decent success with it.

Snatch & Cleans work Delts and traps and legs, so just plan the rest of your routine around that.
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 01-16-2004 at 02:29 AM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Thanks. I knew they worked legs but wan't sure about anything else.

I usually hit the major bodyparts twice a week...A couple splits I like are:

1. Push
    2. Pull/Legs (add OLY Lifts)
    3. Push
    4. Pull
    (Definate rest day here)
    5. Legs (Oly Lifts)

..or

1. Upper
    (Definate rest day here)
    2. Lower (oly lifts)
    3. Push
    4. Pull/Legs (oly lifts)

I haven't felt like power cleans make me all that sore or anything, and I think that recovery for them is relatively fast... I'm doing the Russian Bench routine, which has cleans 3x a week, and I'm feeling great every time I go to the gym. That said, the first time you do cleans your groin and traps may be really sore since it's a new movement.

Also, make sure you learn how to do these lifts correctly. They can be dangerous if you're doing them the wrong way. A lot of my friends at school take weight lifting and they do power cleans with the most horrendous form and a lot of the time they'll hurt their back or something. Learn from someone who really knows what he's doing. Check these sites to make sure the person who taught you is doing the right thing:
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/PowerExercises.html
    http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/Home.htm
    Last edited by KingJustin; 01-16-2004 at 04:16 PM.