Thread: My Journal

Wannabebig Member

My Journal

Hi everyone, well I just started lifting 3 months ago, first month was just easy lifting b/c I stopped for 2 years. The other 2 were power lifting.
    My schedule is as follows..

Monday:
    Abs
    Chest
    Tricepts

Wednesday:
    Legs
    Calves
    Shoulders

Friday:
    Back
    Bicepts

Has anyone ever tried this schedule out, I haven't notices much of a difference every since, only around 1-2 centimetres all around except for my legs

Usually I do 4 sets of all of them, the first set is always a warm up set so it's 15 reps. Then I do 12 reps for the other 2 and 8-10 reps for the last set.
    BTW im 5'10 155lbs, I was 150 3 months ago.

What do you guys think? Is this a bad routine or do you advice me to change around anything? If so can you guide me to the right journal for me, thanx a lot
    Last edited by ddzc; 12-06-2003 at 05:23 PM.

Good luck with getting started again.

The only thing I would say, is training shoulders with legs isn't the greatest of idea. If you're content with training three days per week, you could possibly add shoulders in with chest or back.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanx man, why exactly is it a bad idea if you don't mind me asking. The trainers at my gym set this schedule up for me, I used to do a body part a day but now my schedule got quite busy.

They say the best training it to do 3 days a week b/c you let your muscles recover for a longer period of time so it's better for your growth.
    Also they said to do chest with tri's b/c when ur doing chest the tris are the secondary muscle getting worked at so it's best to do both on the same day instead of spreading everything all over the place. Along with bi's and back.

What do you guys think about that? Any suggestions on changing anything, for now I can only make it to the gym 3 days, maybe 4.

Thanx again for the comments

Well doing Chest and tri's, and back and bi's is pretty common. I used to do it myself.

Your glute/hams/quads are the largest muscle group in your body. Therefore it should be quite a taxing workout. Personally, I think my shoulder workout would suffer after training legs.

In a chest workout, you're also going to hit your front delts substantially. Throw in a couple sets of a military press after that along with some lateral raises and you're set.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaseyChase
    Well doing Chest and tri's, and back and bi's is pretty common. I used to do it myself.

Your glute/hams/quads are the largest muscle group in your body. Therefore it should be quite a taxing workout. Personally, I think my shoulder workout would suffer after training legs.

In a chest workout, you're also going to hit your front delts substantially. Throw in a couple sets of a military press after that along with some lateral raises and you're set.
    :withstupi

Good luck with the journal and your goals My 3-day split is:

Legs/Calves

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Back/Traps/Biceps
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig Member
    Sounds good, thanx guys. I think im going to throw shoulders in one of the other 2 days, maybe on the chest day too.

Thanx for the comments guys

Wannabebig Member
    Hey guys, I finally went for my assesment and I haven't gained much at all
    Im pretty pissed off, since the last assesment which was 2 months ago I went from 155 lbs to only 157 lbs. My fat percentage stayed the same, but my fat free mass went up by only 2 lbs. All my measurements stayed the same, I only got bigger on my legs and my waist . My legs went up half an inch on each leg, can't remember for waist. I ate like a horse during christmas but im pretty sure my diet isn't right.

I eat from noon to like 9:00 pm. I cant eat in the morning due to severe stomach problems and issues. So I start eating at around noon.
    I eat a nice big sandwidtch with lots ot cold cuts in it. A couple hours later I have a nutella sandwidch. At like 4 I have like 4 apples, cookies and a big glass of milk. Dinner I usually have a huge plate of pasta, salad and all sorts of meet (they vary every day). I go to the gym an hour later. When I get home, roughly 9 pm I have more pasta or a shake. Then go to sleep at around midnight.

I know my diet needs a lot of work, any suggestions or replacements you guys have in mind here?

As for my workout, I changed it around a month ago and again this week.

My change last month was..

Monday - chest & abs
    Tuesday - legs & abs
    Wednesday - bicepts and tricepts & abs
    Thursday - shoulders & abs
    Friday - back & abs

My change this week is..

Monday - legs and abs
    Tuesday - back, abs & 10 mins of cardio
    Wednesday - chest, abs & 10 minutes of cardio
    Thursday - shoulders, abs & 10 minutes of cardio
    Friday - bicepts, tricpets & 10 minutes of cardio

My weights have increased quite well since the last 2 months, especially for chest. I usually do 3-4 sets for each and 3 excercised for each body parts. Mostly start at 12 reps then 10 then the other 2 until im dead and cant bring them up anymore (got spotter)