Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My little expedition to gettin bigger

My little expedition to gettin bigger

I guess it's time for me to start one of these bad boys

Right now I'm about 3/4 of the way finished with the muscle media routine, and I have a chest/shoulder/tri workout tonight.

AFter I'm finished with this I plan on starting a routine that hits each muscle 2x a week, which I will post once it's finished

My gf is going to be spotting me tonight Hopefully she does better than usual lol.

Oh well I'll post after I'm done.

Starting Weight=151 Goal- 160-170 by jan 1st, and bench 250.
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-21-2003 at 01:54 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Cool goodluck.

Thanks dedicated.

Started off with chest, I'm about 5 weeks into the 7 week program.

Workout Today

Bench Press

135 x 10
    205 x 3 went up suprisingly easy
    205 x 3 same
    220 x 2 got it!
    220 x 2, on this one after the first rep I told the gf I might need help on this next one, she thought I said I DO need help, so she grabbed the bar about halfway up, 99% sure I coulda got 2 so I'm countin 2! -gf messes up spot as predicted in 1st post

230 x miss, so close, one of those benches where you get to about halfway and it stays there for about 3 seconds before you realize it's just a tad too much.

Military Press

95 x 8
    105 x 6
    105 x 6, this is usually about 10lbs more but since I started doin chest first- I'm a little wore out.

Db Side raises

20 x 8
    20 x 8

Db Front raises

25 x 6
    25 x 6

Overhead tri extension

45lb plate x 8
    45lb plate x 8

Dips

bw + 25 x 8
    bw + 25 x 8

I'm happy with the workout even though I missed the 230, oh well. 220 x 2 is the most I've ever done so I'm satisfied. The last time I tried muscle media I reached a plateu at 215 x2 and could only do it once-I thought this was gonna happen today, it's good to know I'm gettin stronger

Diet
    3 eggs,toast, bacon for breakfast
    boal of oatmeal around noon
    1 dish of rigatoni w/ 1 slice of ww bread
    1 dish of rigatoni
    1 hamburger, baked potatoe, salad
    20g of creatine(loading phase)
    1 post workout protein shake 40g
    about 1.5 gallons of water through out the day
    REst of food yet to be eaten, I'm a late night eater.
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-17-2003 at 08:00 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Last night, watched movies with gf, didn't fall asleep till 4 I need to get to bed earlier, but I slept till noon because I was exhausted, so I got about 8 hours.

Ate 4 egg omlet last night with toast before bed.

This morning Oatmeal at noon.
    Rigatoni at 2 pm
    Sandwhich with baked potatoe at 4
    Waiting for groceries to arrive right now

I'm doin legs today, which are by far my weakest point I never trained my legs until about 4 months ago, it's really helping my progress.

Weighed in today at about 151, my goal is to reach 165-170 by January 1st-with a bench of 250. I think I should be able to get there.

Good luck with your goals.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Thanks man.

best of luck with your goals man.. ill be in from time to time

whuts ur height too?

peas

Height is 5'11, here's a few pics that I'm gonna post now, and I'll take some at the end of december All I have right now is a webcam, and it's in my basement so light is a problem, but it will have to suffice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another

Side shot. I had a few back shots but I had to reformat my computer because of a virus, and I forgot to save them from logitech But I'll get some.
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-18-2003 at 03:41 PM.

lookin good man.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Looks like I'm not the only one with a female spotter. Mistress Dee doea a pretty good job of not touching the bar till I look like I'm dyin.

Good luck on your goals.

I'll drop by from time to time to check up on ya.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Diet Today:

Oatmeal around-10 am
    plate of rigatoni 1 slice of bread-1 pm
    turkey,salami,ham sandwhich and salad- 3pm
    sausage,baked potatoe,salad,beans- 5 pm
    40g protein shake -7pm
    rib-eye steak and garlic bread -around midnight
    1 gallon of water through out day

Legs today, I fell asleep and woke up about a hour before I had to meet friends for dinner, only had time for squats and leg curls.

135 x 10, I usually go a little farther down on my warm up set

155 x 8 little below parallel

165 x 5 parallel

185 x 3 parallel

Leg curls:

70 x 10

80 x 8

80 x 8

I really need to improve my squat. Somethings wrong if you can Bench more than your squat lol. Oh well, I guess my legs are def my weak point.

Saw jeepers creepers 2 tonight, it was horrible, even worse than the first. Hopefully I get a chance to get 2 more dumbells before my chest workout on sunday, I need to up them by 5lbs. Those damn things are like 25 bucks a piece

Good Luck with your goals. You've already got a great foundation. Anxious to follow your progress throughout the year.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER

You're looking pretty ripped. Good luck with your goals.
    My Journal

First Bulk Complete:
    September 16, 2003 (165 lbs, ~12% bf) -> March 7, 2004 (198 lbs. ~13% bf)

Current Status: Cutting

Xand, thanks man-hopefully everything goes as planned

crys-not sure what my bf is, thanks for the compliment, hopefully I can maintain my abs during my bulk.

Best wishes Ohio bro, sessions look good - you are off to a great start!

Thanks CoCoa.

Diet Today:

4 eggs 2 slices of bread and milk for breakfast

1 rib-eye steak baked potatoe 3pm

40g protein shake w/ bananna 6pm

hamburger, beans, salad 730 pm

2 pieces of pizza 11pm

2 hamburgers 1:30 pm

1.5 gallons of water through out the day

my legs are ome,killing me today . Chest workout tomorrow
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-20-2003 at 01:02 AM.

Impressive power for your bodyweight! Lookin ripped man, keep it up.

Looking good bro. Nice session.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Thanks justin.

Chest Workout Today

I had no spotter today

Flat Bench

135 x 10

195 x 5

195 x 5

210 x 3 -last one was real tough

210 x 2 -didn't attempt 3rd one without spotter

Incline DB Press

60 x 8

60 x 7

60 x 7

I was suppose to get 65s today but didn't get to the store.

Dips

bw +25 x 8

bw + 30 x 7

I'm happy with the session overall, even though I had no spotter, I would have liked to attempt the 3rd rep in the second set of 210

Diet

Oatmeal -breakfast

1 rib-steak w/ baked potatoe 2pm

1 hamburger w/ slice of ww bread 5pm

Meat sald consisting of 1 big hamburger grounded up with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese 8pm

5g creatine 1hr before workout

40g post workout shake 1030 pm

rest of food yet to be eaten
    -food continued

2 hamburgers and noodles 230 am

1 gallon of water through out the day

REst day tomm.
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-21-2003 at 12:59 AM.

Excellent foundation given your weight, you have a good frame for this. Get your spotter back. Though it's damn good that you felt comfortable enough to hit 210 for 3 without one.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Great progress already HahnB. Good luck on the bulk and getting a reliable spotter.

Look Alex, he's got your number!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Belial- thanks, right now I'm trying to get real focused on my diet so I can bring my weight up. In about 2.5yrs I only put about 10lbs on due to my ****ty diet.

Rookiebldr-666 lol I didn't even notice, thanks for stoppin in

I'm starting to see a lot more gains since I started deadlifting(8 months ago) and squatting about 4 months ago. I wish I woulda found this site when I first started training.

Good chest session...your journal really makes me think about food more for some reason -