The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Diet gurus. Macronutrient manipulators. I need some general direction with my diet.

I do a balanced diet now at ~2500-3000 cals (P/C/F = ~40/30/30) and I try to eat 5 X day (500 cal ea.). I eat 3000 on weight lifting days because I feel I hungry and I need that 6th meal. I have been at 200 lbs for the past 3 wks and I have not seen a change in my body composition. Workout is weights 4 X wk, HIIT 2 X week (just started so 5 min warmup, 5 cycles, 5 min cool down). I had success with a keto before and got down to 180 lbs (190 lbs after carb ups). Is it that I am taking in too many calories? Should I change my macronutient ratios to include more fat so I feel fuller.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

it wouldn't hurt to lower cals maybe 200-300 or so on both training/non-training days -- see where that gets you for the week.
    what are your stats?
    post ur diet.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

6' 1" 200 lbs ~15-17% bf.
    This is what I ate yesterday ~2585 cals P/C/F - 227/202/65. Not my greatest effort at partitioning nutrients but its just an example. Breakfast is pretty much a staple though.

Breakfast - Shake (1 cup milk, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 egg starters, 1 tbsp pb), ~540 cals, P/C/F - 44g/37.5g/16g
    Snack - Ham sandwich on WW bread (ham, provolone, tomatoe, lettuce, 1 tspn olive oil, etc), ~555 cals, P/C/F - 38g/23g/26g
    Post-workout shake - 1 scoop whey in water, 2.5 servings of gatorade, ~240 cals, P/C/F -22g/40g/0g
    Lunch - 1 can of tuna, 1 tbspn olive oil, 1 cup pasta, ~ 450 cals, P/C/F -35g/40g/14g
    Snack - Zone bar and a string cheese, 300 cals, P/C/F -23g/22g/14g
    Dinner - 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 cup of brocoli, 1/2 brown rice, 15 g almonds, a few strawberries, ~500 cals, P/C/F -65g/40g/9g

Well Thanks for the response Raniali. For those interested I have devised a new plan. I am going to lower calories to 2400 and my macro breakdown will be roughly 40/30/30 (P/C/F) - 240 g prot, 180 g carb, 80 g fat. ~40 g prot and ~40 g carb will come from a post-wo shake on lifting days.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasmolina
    Well Thanks for the response Raniali. For those interested I have devised a new plan. I am going to lower calories to 2400 and my macro breakdown will be roughly 40/30/30 (P/C/F) - 240 g prot, 180 g carb, 80 g fat. ~40 g prot and ~40 g carb will come from a post-wo shake on lifting days.
    That sounds like a plan. You may want to bring the shake with you to the gym and sip it in between sets though.

The reason I say that is because 40g of sugar drank quickly will cause an insulin spike = not good.
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 01-26-2004 at 02:10 AM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Do that voodoo that he do
    I wouldn't lower your intake immediately from ~3000 to 2400, especially since you've already been dieting. Take a couple of weeks and do it in stages, say one week at 2700-2750, and another week at 2500 or so, then finally kick it down to about 2400. This will probably be easier on you psychologically as well as metabolically/hormonally.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo