The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

clean and jerk help

i compete in the clean and jerk and i just cant seem to get the clean technique down. I am very strong on deadlifts and shrugs,high pulls, clean pulls my pull is great. I dont know though i cant get under the bar and get my elbows around i mean i can power clean 250 like its nothing but when i try to squat clean it i miss it please any advice from anyone experienced please help thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How do your hang clean and front squat look?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    my front squat is alright its past 315 my hang clean is decent not sure if im not quick enough or what

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    It's usually not a matter of pure strength, but getting all the movements/timing/technique coordinated perfectly....which is the Achilles heel of Oly lifts. It sounds like you may need to work on just what you said...dropping under the bar quicker. It's almost like you have to let go of the bar for a split second and let your hands/arms just rotate around it at the point where it has zero velocity and quicky get under it. Easy to describe, hard to do I had a lot of success just working on getting under the bar quicker by working from the hang cleans with the emphasis on timing the pull and drop better.

If you're a strong guy, you may be inadvertently sort of reverse curling the bar instead of dropping under it...it may help you get the bar up for the power clean, but having to lift it with a reverse curl motion will slow you down and won't let you drop under the bar fast enough.

Good luck!

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost