The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Shoulders

Shoulders

When working the shoulders, should I use heavy weight, meaning to failure? I read somewhere that since the shoulder muscles are smaller, they don't need the work that the larger muscles need.

What are your thoughts?
    Winners train. Losers complain.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Thats true in some instances, however it depends on the exercises.

Be careful on any shoulder stuff that involves going behind the neck as well as anything which can possibly injure your rotator.

Any shoulder stuff involving raising weight with arms straight and fully extended from bottom to top should be done light as your arms provide leverage and the farther the weight is from your shoulder, the more work your shoulder will be doing(Also raising risk of injury.) If you do anything like this, make sure to go somewhat light and when raising the weight, don't go past your chin vertically.

-Just mah 10 :o. All I can think of at the moment.
    Last edited by AllUp; 01-28-2004 at 11:05 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

I'm all about pre fatiguing my delts before I do any presses...

Wannabebig Member
    Work, as in volume? Also remember that your shoulders come into play while working other bodyparts, as well. Especially chest (and for the guys who try to curl twice their bodyweight). I think people may overtrain their shoulders a tad. If you can arrange your routine to work them the same day as chest (doing chest first), they'll be prefatigued and the brunt of all shoulder work will be done in one day. Thus, giving it a week to recouperate.

Banned
    I lift heavy on shoulders for the most part. Heavy Arnold Presses and sometimes heavy Military Press.

I don't get THAT heavy on Lateral Raises or such, but then again I am quite strict on form with those -- not like those clowns you see that not only bob their knees to provide inertia with each rep but that also have their elbows bent so far in it looks like they're doing the chicken dance with DBs.