The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Help, legs are too big!

I am not a bodybuilder, and I don't want to be. I am a fit young woman who enjoys working out for fitness purposes. My problem is, I have genetically large legs/calves. And well built muscles on my legs, I never work my legs besides walking. My upper body is very lean and guys LOVE it. Looking at my upper body, you'd never believe that I have this lower body situation. I'm constantly self-concious about my legs, and am willing to do anything to make them appear smaller. Is there any form of exercise which would help reduce the size of my legs? Or am I reduced to a life of long skirts and pants?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I guess a picture is out of the question eh?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Banned
    Do you have a picture for me?
    I'm not kidding, guys attack me, the only thing these big legs are good for is threatening to kick them.
    Serious replies PLEASE!

No, I'm saying that I have no clue if your legs are big unless we see a picture of them.
    However, judging by the sounds of it, I'd say we won't be seeing one anytime soon.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Your upper body is lean. Thats fine. Your lower body, I'm guessing, is lean, too, yet you have well-developed (somehow) muscles on your legs.

Only thing I have to say is work your upper body more and even it all out.

Unless your definition of 'lean' is 'skinny'. Then I'm sad to say you're ****ed.

Oh, and I'll post a picture of myself. Lets see these legs. I'm sure you're overreacting. There's NOTHING wrong with muscular legs on a woman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Lean as in "nice".
    If I work my upper body I lose my curves.
    I don't know for sure but last time I checked, guys don't like large legs and a bulky upper body. You men are so lucky.
    PS. Maki, I just bought my computer, but never thought of buying a web cam.
    Really, I would post a picture.

Nice is a highly objective statement. I actually prefer a muscular female to a thin one, or perhaps whatever 'nice' means.

You worry too much about what guys think, anyways.

I don't see how working your body would make you lose your curves. If anything it will enhance them. Also, what's wrong with ghetto booty? Obviously guys that check you out don't have the same issues with your a s s than you do. Why worry about it. Baby got back and guys like back!
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Also, there are enough waifs in the world. Be a real woman.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I like girl with big hamstring and firm round butt
    Last edited by 347D1SC; 01-29-2004 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Hey, not true.
    But when a guy notices something about you that you don't feel good about, well it makes you feel small, and if I can do something to improve that, I'm willing to do it(non-surgical of course). I'm assuming that you yourself workout to feel better about yourself and to improve yourself, that's all I want to do. "Nice" as in toned...healthy. I'm not posting to sound shallow, I really want to know from people who dedicate their lives to their bodies if anything could be done to help me out. I'm active and in good health, and very dedicaded to improving my body, just like you and all who bodybuild.
    So far, my only responses have mentioned to accept myself as is, so am I assuming that their is no solution. If one has big legs it's the end?

Short answer. No. There is no solution. If you dont work your legs beyond walking and they are naturally unproportionately large, then they'll always be like that, unless you want to do some strategic deconditioning in the form of a wheelchair.

I have an idea. How about you start feeling good about it. Start calling other girls chicken leg. If a guy talks **** about your legs, crush him like that chick in the James Bond movie.

Banned
    Easy isn't it, for you to say.
    Feel good,hahaha, big legs are great.
    I appreciate the honesty, however, I doubt you would approach a girl, with a "nice" upper half if you KNEW she had an oddly matched lower half.
    Oh how sad, a person could work to make themselves bigger, but not smaller.

Well you're not willing to even attempt to relish what you've got, so what am I supposed to say?

By the way, you're right, I probably wouldnt approach a girl who had an oddly matched lower half but then again I've been single for two years and I'm very unlikely to approach ANY girl. So yes, that assumption was correct but not for the reason you thought.

I love a pair of musclular legs on a woman, like a soccer player or something.

Can I have your phone number?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Don't be scared. He's Irish!

Irishmen are always the best. They never drink or fight or anything.

Anyway, you're dating the wrong men. Girls with muscular legs are the biz-omb, and if you try to change it I'll burn your house down.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Banned
    Dear Saint Patrick

NO.
    PS. I saw your stats, your legs are bigger than mine!
    Now your a real man!

If your legs are bigger than Patty's, I don't know what the **** you're bitching about.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Banned
    Do you mean smaller?

I'm 5'7 with a small-medium frame, it just looks bad.
    Besides, "Patty" is a big boy. Do you want to kiss,hug,or sleep with a girl with Patty's frame? I think not.

I'd cuddle up to a girl who has no face at this point. You sure seem to think you know exactly what men want.

Banned
    Budiak,
    Your right, don't approach girls... let them approach you.
    I just saw a picture of what you've done with yourself...amazing.
    Cuddling with any girl is not worth it, take it from a girl.
    Females like to coin bad behaviour on men but when we know you like us or you have not been loved in awhile, we will use it against you. A girl is only woth it when she tells the truth. Good luck, their isn't too many out there...

Females like to coin bad behaviour on men but when we know you like us or you have not been loved in awhile, we will use it against you. A girl is only woth it when she tells the truth. Good luck, their isn't too many out there...
    Well, guys, looks like she's a robot.

The good ones are always robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    Well, guys, looks like she's a robot.

The good ones are always robots.
    Christ he's desperate. 8 years before he posts something in the Pics forums and then some hot girl with muscular legs asks a question and he's all like, look at my thug-life gangsta ass.

Stick figure girls might look nice at first but they don't feel good. Muscles are best for, um, rubbing against in an erotic fashion. Before you misconstrue this a hyper-gayness, look at Budiak, and then let me say, boobies are cool.

Banned
    Oh please, don't use that quote, I mis-spelled WORTH. I can spell I tells ya.
    "jus ce haw gr8 mi spielin iz".

And it's true, we're slowly weeding you out, because we are the more devious sex, but deny it. This is how it will happen: "First we get the money, then we get the power, then...well...(that pretty much sums up what is important to all men) and we're takin' it all from you.hehehe...he