Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help, legs are too big!

I dont think 5'7 is that short for a women. Seems like she might have been scrared off but I'll post anyway. Yes you can make them thinner but that requires losing all the muscles mass. It means starving yourself so you body eats itself up. Then your legs will get thinner...as well as your stomach, your chest, your face, everything. Guess what the end result is going to be? Extremely thin upper body, thinner lower body. Still disproportionate..and unhealthy.

I guess there is a healthy way to do it: long distance runner. Have you ever seen a fat or musclar marathon runner? Maybe you could go that route but I hardly find female marathon runners attractive.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    Its a beanie with a skull on it. That's not thug life.

And I have NO idea what that means.

BTW yeah I'm desperate. I'll admit it.
    Yeah, I have no idea what it means either. That's what 9 beers does to a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    I guess there is a healthy way to do it: long distance runner. Have you ever seen a fat or musclar marathon runner? Maybe you could go that route but I hardly find female marathon runners attractive.
    Wrong, Long distance runners can have very big legs. I used to run 80-100 miles per week. want me to repost my leg pics?

Largelegsbuthot:

Seriously, post a picture, or give us some measurements or SOMETHING to work with here. How much do you weigh? How old are you? What's your body fat%? We're not just asking for a picture to ogle you, most people on here post pictures and it's to their benefit for obtaining proper advice.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Female long distance runner drew. Yes they are larger compared with the rest of their body but they are still small compared to the average woman.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

I've seen LOTS of female distance runners in my day, and a lot of them have nice, thick legs. My favorite was when they'd have the girls' races following ours. Because we could watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlemaniac
    The only solution that hasn't been discussed that I can think of is cardio but to be honest since that usually involves working your legs it most likely wouldn't help very much. Besides, muscular legs look good on a girl. Just look at Trish Stratus Here

Thanks for the pic. of Trish Stratus, it's very close (our legs).
    But as you can tell from the picture, she enhanced the top portion (I'm guessing double D's) to match the lower. My question is, would she look just as good if she was much smaller on top? e.g. without the implants....
    But I see what Saint Patrick was saying when I look at the photo,
    If I were to build myself alittle more on top, it wouldn't look so bad.
    Trish is hot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    I dont think 5'7 is that short for a women. Seems like she might have been scrared off but I'll post anyway. Yes you can make them thinner but that requires losing all the muscles mass. It means starving yourself so you body eats itself up. Then your legs will get thinner...as well as your stomach, your chest, your face, everything. Guess what the end result is going to be? Extremely thin upper body, thinner lower body. Still disproportionate..and unhealthy.

What if I reuced my calories to the point that I only starved a little.
    And work my whole body hard.(cardio+ strength training)
    I heard that bodybuilders eat constantly so they don't lose lean muscle mass.
    And is it true that you never get it(lean muscle) back once you do?
    I think we may have found an answer here.

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

loads of good stuff on here, women will not naturally have very lean legs, so i guess a lot of this "bigness" must be bodyfat, so a weightraining regime with plenty of cardio, must help. Do other people say "damn you have some big a55 legs" or is it just a thing you have noticed?
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

Shaver of Secret Places baldguy's Avatar
    Lift heavy with your upper half. Lift light weights with more reps for your lower body. Try to do cardio with swimming and rowing machines and even running (running builds less muscle than biking or stair climbing). Also, wear high heels. It makes your legs look longer.
    -Baldguy

Newest member of the WBBB

If God is a woman, he better wear a thong.

Hookt on foniks wurkd for me.

arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard...
    -BigCorey

Please recognise you dont know anything about health, fitness or bodybuilding, its obvious from your posts.

It is unlikely that you have got unattractively large muscles in your legs without trying to. Are you sure that they are big from muscle and not from fat. strip down to your underwear and shake your legs around... anything that wiggles is fat. grab a fold of skin.... then realise skin itself is very thin... only about as thick as the skin on say your hand or even your eyelid. all that extra thickness of that fold is fat.

Training can not make you lose your curves. Some drugs can, some extreme diets can, but training cant.

Also... big muscles in the thighs and butt and calves are very attractive, according to me and the majority of people on this board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prof
    http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

loads of good stuff on here, women will not naturally have very lean legs, so i guess a lot of this "bigness" must be bodyfat, so a weightraining regime with plenty of cardio, must help. Do other people say "damn you have some big a55 legs" or is it just a thing you have noticed?
    They are big, people do notice, but it's not disgusting "big-a55" big, only because I stay in shape. I think if I let my body just be average, they'd be "big a55". The upper half is really small, not flabby, or boney. I've got a flat abs and alot of lean hard muscle on top. When I tell the trainer in my gym I would like to lose maybe 15-20 pounds(mostly on legs) they say no.
    They will admit my legs are big but they say it's not reasonable to lose more bodyfat without affecting the body in a bad way. I've got too much muscle on my legs and the bones are strangely huge too, which make them look too big for me.
    Thanks for the site. I'm gonna try it....maybe I'll even post a pic. Let's see how welcome I am on this site in the future.

You can. For woman it's a lot harder to gain mass than a man due mainly to the amount of hormones men produce (testoterone). You can always can mass after you've lost it (lean or not). Starving yourself is never a good idea, even if it's a little.

How about this: Maintain a good diet (hard to tell what kind of calorie count since we don't know how much you currently weigh and BF%), concentrate more on cardio (maybe HIIT), upper body strength training, and use plyometrics for lower body.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinier
    Please recognise you dont know anything about health, fitness or bodybuilding, its obvious from your posts.

It is unlikely that you have got unattractively large muscles in your legs without trying to. Are you sure that they are big from muscle and not from fat. strip down to your underwear and shake your legs around... anything that wiggles is fat. grab a fold of skin.... then realise skin itself is very thin... only about as thick as the skin on say your hand or even your eyelid. all that extra thickness of that fold is fat.

Training can not make you lose your curves. Some drugs can, some extreme diets can, but training cant.

Also... big muscles in the thighs and butt and calves are very attractive, according to me and the majority of people on this board.
    That's true, I don't know much about bodybuilding of fitness, and according to Budiak, you probably don't know much about fitness either...or health, he claims the people on this site are mainly meatheads. Anyway that's why I'm on the forum, I want to hear from you....
    No jiggling, I can't even pinch my calf to the point I have only skin between my fingers. It's very hard. Can fat on the legs be hard?
    Like I've said, I've had it checked out by 2 personal trainers at my gym. They say cut the legs off. What do you think?

some of the replies here seem a bit harsh,

the stumptious site makes for fun reading and she explains a lot of the stuff the other peeps have been talking about on here

try some skipping everymorning, 15 mins of jumping rope can't hurt, also post up at typical days food and let the experts give it a pummeling
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

sounds good, think we definitely need to see some pics

live by the code

Skin on the calves is often too rough to pinch it very well... im just not really ready to believe you have "too big" muscles naturally without training. The only women with "too big" leg muscles i have seen in my life were experienced bodybuilding athletes who had used lots of anabolic steroids

I hope my gf doesn't read this but:

I love women with big butts. My gf has one. Its not that its really that massive but in comparison to her top half it looks that way. Of course she doesn't like it, because all girls have that syndrome to concentrate all their self-loathing on one thing and that's her thing. But what is she doing, she's busting her ass in the gym to get the top half bigger (althought she still works her legs too). Sure she's complaining about her ass despite my best efforts to let her know how much I love it. I'm an ass man so that's what I'm naturally attracted to anyway. Some guys like legs, some like boobs, hell some like feet, but I like dat ass.

So anyway, complain all you want but unless you are doing something about you're full of **** and just wanting attention. What does it take to get off that massive muscular ass and go work on the top half?
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 01-30-2004 at 11:16 AM.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

HY, tell her that squats will make her as *smaller* SHe'll believe it, and you'll get that large sweet bootay you want. lol

Sheesh, amateurs.

Do you want real answers, do ya?

Ok, here it goes:

1) There are two ways to make muscles smaller, one is disuse, the other is to overtrain them. Obviously the first choice must be ignored. I would suggest you embark on a hardcore cardio routine to include running if your body can tolerate it. If you overtrain the area sufficiently it will reduce a bit. Make sure the work you perform is aerobic in nature as this will help to ensure that no muscle size is gained prior to getting yourself into an overtrained state.

2) When you say that you "lose your curves" in your upper body, I assume you mean that you lose breast size. This will occur if you lose fat. If you wish to avoid this, merely increase your calories to offseat the increased caloric expenditure from exercising. You will also need to do this if you embark on the cardio program above in an attempt to overtrain the muscles of the lower body.

That is it, nothing else can be done for the lower body. You can, as others have mentioned, train your upper body to create the illusion of better symmetry.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield

I love women with big butts. My gf has one. Its not that its really that massive but in comparison to her top half it looks that way. Of course she doesn't like it, because all girls have that syndrome to concentrate all their self-loathing on one thing and that's her thing. But what is she doing, she's busting her ass in the gym to get the top half bigger (althought she still works her legs too). Sure she's complaining about her ass despite my best efforts to let her know how much I love it. I'm an ass man so that's what I'm naturally attracted to anyway. Some guys like legs, some like boobs, hell some like feet, but I like dat ass.

So anyway, complain all you want but unless you are doing something about you're full of **** and just wanting attention. What does it take to get off that massive muscular ass and go work on the top half?
    In case I didn't mention, I do work my butt off.
    I do a mix of cardio/light weights at the gym with a personal trainer 4 times a week(30 minute sets). I do a 4km speed walk routine EVERYDAY. I use to jog, but my trainer says that will make my legs bigger. I'm busting my ass!

To the prof: you've got a good point, does having 50% good carbs(whole grains) in my diet prevent me from my goals?
    I don't like eating meat besides fish and sometimes chicken.
    I mostly eat grains and vegetables.
    That's why I'm asking.
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 01-30-2004 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Sheesh, amateurs.

Do you want real answers, do ya?

Ok, here it goes:

1) There are two ways to make muscles smaller, one is disuse, the other is to overtrain them. Obviously the first choice must be ignored. I would suggest you embark on a hardcore cardio routine to include running if your body can tolerate it. If you overtrain the area sufficiently it will reduce a bit. Make sure the work you perform is aerobic in nature as this will help to ensure that no muscle size is gained prior to getting yourself into an overtrained state.

2) When you say that you "lose your curves" in your upper body, I assume you mean that you lose breast size. This will occur if you lose fat. If you wish to avoid this, merely increase your calories to offseat the increased caloric expenditure from exercising. You will also need to do this if you embark on the cardio program above in an attempt to overtrain the muscles of the lower body.

That is it, nothing else can be done for the lower body. You can, as others have mentioned, train your upper body to create the illusion of better symmetry.
    Hey now...I did recommend long distance running! I should get a little credit for that.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prof
    some of the replies here seem a bit harsh,

the stumptious site makes for fun reading and she explains a lot of the stuff the other peeps have been talking about on here

try some skipping everymorning, 15 mins of jumping rope can't hurt, also post up at typical days food and let the experts give it a pummeling
    Yeah your right, is this an exclusive experts only forum? Does it bother you that I'm not a bodybuilder?... I didn't know I sounded like I was complaining.
    I thought asking bodybuilders would've been a good idea, you do things that people say you can't or you shouldn't and get results. I've already heard those sorts of things from the fitness buffs at my gym. Some of you on this forum say nothing can be done, others say there can. I'm just checking my options. Isn't that what a forum is all about, opinions? If you know I don't know much about the body, why are you all getting mad? I have learned from what you've told me... I just came back from busting my ass at the gym, and this time I worked my upper body hard. If you've read some of my feedback, you'd see I said things like "thanks, I'll try that". I'm posting questions, not intentionally complaint ridden facts, I'm not preaching to any of you. I've yet to insult anyone on this forum, but that hasn't stopped any of you from throwing punches.
    If you wonder why some people have negative notions about bodybuilders, look no further than the replies some of you have given me.

Listen to Chris.

Beyond that, what exercises are you doing for your legs? What does your lifting routine look like? Push, pull, legs or just upper/lower split? When are you doing cardio in relation to the lifting? How many calories are you eating? Do you know your basic metabolic rate (BMR)?

Some of us might have been a bit thrown off initially because we thought you stereotyped all guys into the "doesn't like big lower body" group of guys.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield

Great minds think alike , i couldn't of said it better myself. Unless we see some pics i dont think we can fully help you, but unless you've got legs like Fatimah Whitbread i dont think you've got anything to worry about. Im guessing that you may have some kind of body image problem which needs to be addressed incase you do anything extreme.
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 01-30-2004 at 01:02 PM.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Well, we will try to help, it's just that your question goes against what most people are trying to do here. I'd suggest trying to give us as much information about yourself(current weight, diet, measuremnts). A photo really isn't needed.

I'd suggest trying what Chris Mason posted. I think that is your best bet.

Also, i'd avoid suggestions from personal trainers. Not saying they aren't giving you good tips, but there are too many bad personal trainers out there than good ones.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals