The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

when counting calories on a bulk -- include beer?

say i'm on a bulk, but also like to go out maybe three nights a week, and have a few beers each night. if i were to include those beers in my calorie count, i would be able to eat a LOT LESS those days and still get at least bodyweight in protein grams no problem -- it's just one less plate of pasta. but something keeps me from doing this, mainly the thought that that plate of pasta had more nutrients than the beer. what do you guys do?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    beer has calories, so they count. but yes, you are right, you could probably be getting more nutritious calories elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorMint6669
    beer has calories, so they count. but yes, you are right, you could probably be getting more nutritious calories elsewhere.
    :withstupi
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

beer on a bulk, rofl, constant drunk, rofl..

Rale
    Quote Originally Posted by crud_meridian
    say i'm on a bulk, but also like to go out maybe three nights a week, and have a few beers each night. if i were to include those beers in my calorie count, i would be able to eat a LOT LESS those days and still get at least bodyweight in protein grams no problem -- it's just one less plate of pasta. but something keeps me from doing this, mainly the thought that that plate of pasta had more nutrients than the beer. what do you guys do?
    I would say eat the pasta AND drink the beer. A nightly beer is not going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    I would say eat the pasta AND drink the beer. A nightly beer is not going to kill you.

a nightly peice of cake won;'t kill us either.. but we are super strcit on a diet and then drink.. its kind of weird.

Wannabebig Member
    IMHO, the pasta isn't any more nutritious than the beer. They're both just simple carbs. Maybe the tomato sauce has some vitamins, but then so does the lime wedge in your Corona
    "That feeling - the finish line, the last couple of meters - is what motivates me. If I could bottle that up and sell it I'd be the richest man in the world. This is the most overlooked thing. People shoot for the ordinary, not the extraordinary."
    - Lance Armstrong, on winning 1993 World Championship

Rale
    Quote Originally Posted by defcon
    a nightly peice of cake won;'t kill us either.. but we are super strcit on a diet and then drink.. its kind of weird.
    It's not wierd at all. Hes bulking and you're cutting. He needs to get as many calories per day as he possibly can. If that means around about a hundred fifty extra calories a day from a beer then I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 53x12
    IMHO, the pasta isn't any more nutritious than the beer. They're both just simple carbs. Maybe the tomato sauce has some vitamins, but then so does the lime wedge in your Corona
    I know noodles and that are simple carbs but the normal pasta you buy surely thats a complex carb being made from wheat
    The 3 H's

Huge Eating
    Hard Training
    Heavy Sleeping

It's not wierd at all. Hes bulking and you're cutting. He needs to get as many calories per day as he possibly can. If that means around about a hundred fifty extra calories a day from a beer then I say go for it.
    Thats bull****. If Id eat as much as if want, id eat about 6000 calories a day and get real fat. I eat around 4500 now.

He don't need as many calories a day as he can.. he just needs to eat a lil over maintanice so he gains 0.5 lb / week.. any more weight gain then that and he's prolly gaining fat.. which is pointless..

Rale
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinier
    Thats bull****. If Id eat as much as if want, id eat about 6000 calories a day and get real fat. I eat around 4500 now.

Thats nice! Now back on topic, do you get any of those calories from beer? Are you bulking or maintaining? A little more infromation before you call my post B.S. would be nice.

He needs to get as many calories per day as he possibly can.

Is BS... he got 10 000 posts, you got next to nothing.. he made a valid statement.. you made an incorrect one..

i can eat 5000 cals a day no prob.. but i only need 3500 to bulk.. so im only gonna eat 3500 or so so i have less cutting to do..

eating any more then that would be pointless fat gain, therefor you do not need to eat all the calories you can.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Thats nice! Now back on topic, do you get any of those calories from beer? Are you bulking or maintaining? A little more infromation before you call my post B.S. would be nice.
    Not everyone has a difficult time gaining weight. Those that can gain weight easily cannot create an unlimited amount of muscle in a short period of time. Extreme over eating will result in excess fat gain. Most people around here agree that eating no more than 500 calories over your maintainance will be best, in terms of not putting on too much fat while still gaining about 1lb per week.

Rale
    Quote Originally Posted by defcon
    He needs to get as many calories per day as he possibly can.

Is BS... he got 10 000 posts, you got next to nothing.. he made a valid statement.. you made an incorrect one..

i can eat 5000 cals a day no prob.. but i only need 3500 to bulk.. so im only gonna eat 3500 or so so i have less cutting to do..

eating any more then that would be pointless fat gain, therefor you do not need to eat all the calories you can.
    What does the number of post have to with anything? If you really want to get down to it he joined in September 2001 where as I joined almost TWO YEARS later. In all your wisdom don't you sort of think that he should have a hell of a lot more posts then me. I'm not going to take someones advise as the gosphel truth simply because he has a lot of posts. To do so would be idiotic!

Do you think I know nothing simply because I have around fourty posts? Good luck with your cut and merry christmas to you too!

What does the number of post have to with anything? If you really want to get down to it he joined in September 2001 where as I joined almost TWO YEARS later. In all your wisdom don't you sort of think that he should have a hell of a lot more posts then me. I'm not going to take someones advise as the gosphel truth simply because he has a lot of posts. To do so would be idiotic!

Do you think I know nothing simply because I have around fourty posts? Good luck with your cut and merry christmas to you too!
    This is the last post i make on this topic, i do not like to argue.

In all my wisdom, Reinier's wisdom, Junior's wisdom, and everyone else on this board. we know that you do not need to bulk with the most calories you can eat, which is what you stated.

Instead, you only need to be a little over mantaince, 500 or so, to bulk correctly.

thank you, and merry xmas.