Thread: Lifting straps

cut block extraordinaire

Lifting straps

Do you use lifting straps?

If so for what exercises?

"Time to play the game" TheGame's Avatar
    Barbell Shurgs, after I do a warm up with 225, for my next three sets of 315, 405, and 415. I just use them for my full three sets of heavy lifting.
    "No maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself." Rocky 4
    " You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!" Rocky

straps are a must IMO. i use them for anything that i might lose my grip on, mostly shrugs and some rowing movements though.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

WannaBeBigToo
    i used to be like that, now i never use my straps anymore.

buy a set of those hand grippy things and use them while your driving or watching tv....youll see your grip strenth grow tremendously.

i shrug 260 now and dont use grips. last month i couldnt shrug 200 without straps.

work on your grip and try and strenthen your hands and forearms (unless you have tendonitis or something)
    If you wish to speak with me, email me at encino "@" telus . net

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 190lbs
    Waist: 32"
    Chest: 50"
    Arms: 17 1/4"

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorN
    i used to be like that, now i never use my straps anymore.

buy a set of those hand grippy things and use them while your driving or watching tv....youll see your grip strenth grow tremendously.

i shrug 260 now and dont use grips. last month i couldnt shrug 200 without straps.
    i guess i should of said, i use them toward the end of my workout when my grip is weakening
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant