The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Getting Mad at my GYM

I just joined a GYM about a month ago and i go in everday and do an hour of cardio. After realizing that i need to add weight training to my day i found this site and printed off the the 1 rountine for beginners. The problem is that i do not know how to do the excercises and i asked the fitness instructor at the gym for my "FREE" excercise walk thru. I was told to put my name at the front desk and they would call me and set up a time. Well its been a week now and no call. Plus when i go and do cardio i see him just walking around and flirting with the women. Hey i understand the flirting but i just need an hour of his time to show me these excercises.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Check out http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html to get exercise examples. And rants should probably go to general chat.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Sorry, will do so next time

Don't just wait for the call. Ask about your free training session each time you are there. Sooner or later they will schedule it just to shut you up.
    Anthony's link should also help you out a lot.

Does he own the gym? If not, report him. Then ask the real bodybuilders how to do the exercises. You'll find that they're more willing to help and have much more knowledge than any fitness instructor.
    Winners train. Losers complain.

look at the trainer, does he look really big and cut, does he look like he could kick your ass?

if so listen to what he says

If not do what it says on here
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

LOL at prof! Since this guy is just starting out, I think just about anyone would look like he could kick his ass.

it's just i see the 9 stone trainers at my gym giving people just stupid workouts to do. If they looked like an olympic 100m sprinter or Arnie i might listen,

If my dumbell weighs more than you do I aint listening
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

Agreed.

I'm with prof....so many trainers at gyms are imbeciles that take a 2 week course and think they know how to design a workout to meet your specific needs...what a joke...not to mention that most are completely outta shape

Back in the game
    hey guys show a little respect for the gym instuctors.
    were not all like that you know.
    Last edited by PeterParker; 02-04-2004 at 10:10 AM.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by prof
    it's just i see the 9 stone trainers at my gym giving people just stupid workouts to do. If they looked like an olympic 100m sprinter or Arnie i might listen,

If my dumbell weighs more than you do I aint listening
    Damn skippy prof. The PT's here at the wRECk center are horrible. One of them (head personal trainer, and coincidentally the fattest) came up to my squat rack last week IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SET, and hooked up a theraband to the post.....started doing what he called a shoulder rehab on some old guy. I had to almost run the bastard over with 335 to be able to start my next set.......genius would NOT move. Oh, and in my case, this isn't an isolated incident either, which is why I can't stand most personal trainers.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Just wanted to say thanks for the input. I told my one friend about the problem and here he has a friend who works out at the same gym. He gave the guy a call and he is going to meet me on one of his off days of lifting to show me how to do the excercises. He alreadly sent me an email asking about my eating habits so it sounds good.