Thread: Feedback on my routine

Think Big Get Bigger

Feedback on my routine

I am trying to shed fat and gain muscle and for that i am following the routine as follows

Sunday Cardio/abs/obliques
    Monday Legs/Forearms
    Tuesday Cardio/abs/obliques
    Wednesday Biceps/Shoulders/Forearms
    Thursday Cardio/abs/obliques
    Friday Chest/Triceps/Forearms
    Saturday Rest

PS: Currently i am ignoring back excersises as i had a lower back injury, and believe that putting the back excersises aside for a while would be benefitial for me.

Please give me soime advice. Thanks

What is the injury? I would think a back injury bad enough to keep you from training your back would keep you from training most everything.

Put back in there, and it will look fine.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Think Big Get Bigger
    Its just that when i start lifting heavy weights my lower back starts to hurt. I went to a Doctor last year and he said that because i was lifting really heavy weights my lower back bone could dislocate. It freaked me out so i quit back excersies. I shall follow your advice but could you kindly tell me which day to incorporate my back excersise and what excersises i could do? Thanks

I'm not going ot tell you to do anything a doctor told you not to do, but I don't understand how squatting doesn't hurt your back if rowing does. Also, your lower back 'hurting' could just be a symptom of poor form, or could be an injury. I suggest perhaps you see another doc and make sure it isn't the latter.

I also don't understand what your doc was talking about. Your back bone won't dislocate.

Train your core - abs and low back. I'd put back and biceps together, and move shoudlers to chest and tricep day.

To train your back, I'd do:
    A row
    A chin
    A shrug
    hypers.

Keep it simple.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 02-06-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    i would suggest not doing 3 days of forearms, 1 good day of forearms and i can barely type the next few days at work.

also i would recomend an extra day of rest in there