The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

New workout schedule

For someone who is 5'11 / 150lb, and wants to get more muscle and lower body fat, I have been told by a few people at the gym I should have a workout like the following. What are your opinions

Day 1 - bi's, tri's
    Day 2 - chest/back
    Day 3 - abs / legs
    Day 4 - Shoulders / run
    two days off

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"Time to play the game" TheGame's Avatar
    I think that it all depends on what you find to be best for you, I think that this is a good routine to start to see what you need to do. As for myslef, Day-1 is chest, Day-2 Back and Shoulders Day-3 legs Day-4 Bi's Tri's Day 5 rest Day 6 cardio, Day 7 Cardio, And I do cardio usually two more days of the week depneding on my work shift and how sore my legs are.
    "No maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself." Rocky 4
    " You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!" Rocky

I know I've referred to this before, but you should take a look at McCallum's writings if you're at 150 and 5'11''.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanderson
    I know I've referred to this before, but you should take a look at McCallum's writings if you're at 150 and 5'11''.

Where is this writing at?

Try a google search on "John McCallum"
    I think his most famous is "Keys To Progress" which you can't read online (as far as I know)

I am about the same size as you, I lift 3 times a week, I dont do anything to burn energy in between lifting. I Use heavy weights for low reps and sets, that seems to work best for me. I also eat every thing i can all day long. I have gained about 10 pounds in a few months. I like the 3 day spits the best.

A good 4 day split I used was

Day 1 - Quads and Hammies
    Day 2 - Chest and Calves
    Day 3 - Off
    Day 4 - Back and Traps
    Day 5 - Shoulders and Arms
    Day 6 - Off
    Day 7 - Off

I added light cardio before my Back and Leg work out days. Abs got thrown in whenever I had the extra time.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

It's all about eating, eating, and eating...

Last semester, I was in bulking mode. I was a little bigger, but now I'm cutting this semester, so I have lost a few pounds. But i'm naturally pretty big to begin with, because I now weigh 205, down from 210 at the beginning of this semester in janurary. I say, you have to just try things out, different workout and diet combinations. You just have to find what works for you.

Right now, i do:
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Cardio and Abs
    Day 3: Legs ( I can barely walk right, looks like I just got out on bail...)
    Day 4: Cardio and Abs
    Day 5: Bi's/Tri's/Shoulders/Forearms
    Day 6: Rest, eat like a mofo
    Day 7: Back to Chest and Back again

My weeks are never consistent, like the days always shift, but it's not big deal.
    Last edited by Ebu; 02-07-2004 at 08:11 AM.
    "Color outside the lines"

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks