I haven't been gone, just not posting here quite as much. But in my trolling around on the net, I found Needsize's 5x5 workout on another board, and modified it to be my own. I've had GREAT, AMAZING results with this, so I just thought I'd share it with all y'all, since this is where I got my start on the boards.

My Variation of the 5x5 Program.

Monday: Chest
Bench Press - 5x5
Incline, Decline, or Flat Dumbell Press - 3 sets, 12,10, 8 Pyramid up.
Incline, Decline, or Flat, Dumbell Flies - 2 x10
Cable Crossovers or Pushups - 2x10

Tuesday: Back/Biceps
Deads - 5x5
Weighted Pullups - 5x5
Seated or One Arm Dumbell Rows - 2x10
Lat Pulls - 2x10

Standing BB Curls - 5x5
Preacher Curls - 2x8-10*
Another type of curl, alternate week to week - 2x10

Wednesday: Calves/Abs
Seated Calf Raise – 100 rep set**
Machine Calf Raise – 2x12-15, each leg
Decline Crunches – 5x5***

Thursday: Legs
Squats - 5x5
Leg Press or Hack Squats - 2x10
Lunges - 2x10

Straight Leg Deads - 5x5
Leg Curls - 3x10

Friday: Shoulders/Triceps
Weighted Dips - 5x5
Military Press, Dumbell or Barbell - 2x10
Lateral Raises - 2x10

Close Grip Bench Press - 5x5
Skullcrushers, Barbell or Dumbell - 2x10
Pressdowns, One or Both Hands - 2x10 overhand and underhand

Saturday: Calves/Abs
Seated Calf Raise – 100 rep set**
Machine Calf Raise – 2x12-15, each leg
Decline Crunches – 5x5***

Sunday: Off Day.

The only lifts that are in my workout every week are the 5x5 lifts, all the others I alternate occasionally.

I do some form of cardio 3-4 days per week, 30 minutes each time.

*My variation of the exercise, use a belt around the biceps to keep the elbows from flaring out. Also, feet behind you so you cannot cheat
**The object of a 100 rep set is to get 100 reps, simply put. You start with a weight you can get about 30 reps with, do as many as possible, rest for 8-10 seconds and repeat until you reach 100 total reps total.
***5 sets of 5 reps. You take 5 seconds on the eccentric portion of the lift, and five seconds on the concentric. This makes the reps super-slow, and although it doesn’t seem like much, it works.

The key point of the 5x5 program is to start with a weight that you can easily move for all 5 sets of 5 reps in the first workout. You increase weight by 5 pounds each week (I usually increase by 10/week on squats and dead lifts), with the point being to consistently overload the muscle in order to keep it growing, both in size and strength. For example, when I started the program, I was doing a final set of 275x3 on bench press following a traditional pyramid type program. My first week of 5x5, I did 210 on bench, in order to allow room for progression in the coming weeks. Same thing with squats; I’d been finishing with 335 or so, and started the 5x5 program with only 265, to allow myself room to progress.

For the 2 other exercises of 8-10 reps, I pick a weight that I can only get 8 reps with for that particular workout, and keep with it until I get both sets of 10 reps, with good form. At that point, I increase the weight again or change exercises in order to keep progressing.