Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wallys Journal: Cutting Down

Tiredly going Insane

Wallys Journal: Cutting Down

Hey guys whats up! I thoguth i would start a journal of my workout plan and diet. I jus started my diet on monday the 16th.

Here is my diet i follow every day:
    1) Protien Shake with 2 scoops whey and oats mixed together
    2) Same as 1 but with flax seed oil.
    3) Tuna, Brown Rice, Green Veggies
    4) 6 oz chicken, green veggies
    5) Tin of Tuna and Almonds, Veggies
    6) Protien shake with flaxseed oil.

Yesterdays Workout Included: (Note i use all DB)
    Incline Bench Press:
    4 warm up sets of 45 pound dumb bells.
    1x6 of 60 pounds
    1x6 of 65
    1x6 70
    Flat Bench Press:
    1x6 70
    1x6 80
    1x6 85
    1x4 90
    Standing Fore Arm Curls: (This lift went to barbell)
    1x8 105
    1x8 115
    1x8 145
    1x10 85
    DB Wrist Curls:
    1x8 25
    1x8 30
    1x8 35

Should I have a Prew Workout SHake? ANd if so what should i include in it?
    PW Shake: Protien Shake Afterwords With 2 scoops protien and with Oats

Yesterday for meal 5 i had a U-turn protien bar instead of the tuna. I have to work (part-time) And i dont get breaks. Im goign to buy almonds today or tomorrw hopefully.

Thats it for monday. I am not working out today due to the fact im not in school and im sick (i workout at school). But here is todays Diet so far
    Woke up at 11:45
    Meal One: Protien Shake With 2/3 cup of oats. (2 Scoops)
    Meal two: Coming up shortly will be Protien Shake with Flax seed Oil(2 Scoops)
    Will Most more later
    Last edited by Mademan118; 02-17-2004 at 11:50 AM.

Tiredly going Insane
    Meal 3: 6 Ounces of chicken, brussel sprouts

Quote Originally Posted by Mademan118
    Should I have a Prew Workout SHake? ANd if so what should i include in it?
    PW Shake: Protien Shake Afterwords With 2 scoops protien and with Oats
    When do you workout in relation to what meal? Depending on when you workout you might not need one. I'd recommend at least something small with a few carbs and protein (maybe like a 4th of your post workout shake) beforehand. Diet looks good. What kind of training split are you using?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Tiredly going Insane
    5 day split.
    Mon: Chest/Forearms
    tues:Back/traps
    Wed: Legs
    Thurs: Shoulders/tris
    Friday: Bi's/ab's

I have chicken at 1:25 PM and i workout at 3.

Tiredly going Insane
    meal 4, tin of tuna and some dry roasted nuts<--- are these good to eat in place of almonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Mademan118
    5 day split.
    Mon: Chest/Forearms
    tues:Back/traps
    Wed: Legs
    Thurs: Shoulders/tris
    Friday: Bi's/ab's

I have chicken at 1:25 PM and i workout at 3.
    Good deal. Split looks good and from the first workout things look in order.

I'd definitely do like a small pre workout shake or maybe just drink a fourth of your post workout shake before.

Are you counting calories or just going by feel? I think almonds are a bit better than dry roasted nuts but they aren't terrible for you either.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Tiredly going Insane
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield
    Good deal. Split looks good and from the first workout things look in order.

I'd definitely do like a small pre workout shake or maybe just drink a fourth of your post workout shake before.

Are you counting calories or just going by feel? I think almonds are a bit better than dry roasted nuts but they aren't terrible for you either.

Here is today and follow up of yesterday

Meal 5- PProtien Shake and Flax Seed Oil and went to bed.

Today
    Meal one: 2 scoops whey protien and 1/2 cup oats (dry), 16 ounces of water
    Meal 2: 2 Scoops Whey Protien and 1 Flax Seed Oil Capsule
    Meal 3: Tin of tuna no veggies have to go buy some
    Meal 4: 6 ounces of chicken and some nuts
    Meal 5: Had to work so had a protien bar. Next U-Turn Bar
    Meal 6: In about 30-45 minutes will be 2 scoops whey protien and 1 flax seed oil capsule

Workout:
    Bent Over Rows:
    3 warm up sets of 135
    2x6 155
    V-Bar Pull downs:
    2x6 170
    Seated Rows:
    1x8 135
    1x6 205
    Regular Pulls:
    2x6
    Deadlifts:
    3x6 warm up sets of 135
    1x6 185
    1x4 225
    DB Shrugs:
    1x12 90
    1x10 95 <--- Slipped out of my left hand and almost caught my toe!!!
    That was todays workout.

Do you think if i continue with this diet i will lose weight? I dont realy do that much cardio jus on tuesdays and thursdays i ride the bike for 30 minutes. I do alot of walking around at work (in retail sales so i do alot of walking with customers, carts, and things like that)

I want to count up all my calories but to be honest, I have no time. Between workin and studyin my time equates to this. Like i shouldnt be on the computer right now but i jus want to start loggin my workouts to see my progress lets say 6 weeks from now. But ill write more later. If someone doesnt mind addin up the cals/protiens/carbs for me thanks alot! But ill get around to it sometime.
    Later
    Wally

Tiredly going Insane
    also i weighed 186 today, started at 188 i think
    Last edited by Mademan118; 02-18-2004 at 08:43 PM.

Tiredly going Insane
    Today 12/19
    Meal 1: Protien Shake
    Meal 2: Protien shake 1 capsule flax seed oil
    Meal 3: Protien Bar
    Meal 4: Salad
    Meal 5: Some stir fry **** that my mom made
    Meal 6: Protien shake in about 20 minutes

Workout:
    DB Shoulder Press:
    Warm Up:4 x 6 x 40
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 50
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 55
    Set 3: 1 x 4 x 60
    Military Press: Still getting used to this. FIrst time doin it
    1 x 6 x 85
    1 x 6 x 105
    Side laterals:
    1 Acc Set: 1 x 6 x 25
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 30
    Set 3: 1 x 6 x 30
    Skull Crushers:
    Warm Up Set: 3 x 6 x 40 Pounds + EZ Bar Weight (dont know how much it weighs)
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 50 + EZ Bar Weight
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 60 + EZ Bar Weight
    Tricep PushDowns:
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 170
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 170

Had to cram the bi workout in today also. Can nto work out tomorrow.

Barbell Curls:
    Warm Up: 4 x 6 x 75
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 85
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 95
    Hammer Curls:
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 35 pound DB
    Set 2: 1 x 6 x 40 pound DB
    EZ Bar Curls:
    Set 1: 1 x 6 x 60 + EZ Bar Weight

That was today. I know if ucked up bad on my diet but im goin serious again tomorrow. I had a pretty good week of eatting execpt for today and i feel like **** eatting the food i did eat that wasnt right ot the diet. But tomorrow back on track and dedicated for good! Also picking up a new Supplement: Xtreme Formulations Relentless for post workout. I heard its pretty good so im going to give it a try.
    Current Supp's:
    Protien
    Flax Seed Oil
    Future Supps:
    Relentess by Xtreme Formulations
    Ice by Xtreme Formulations
    Creatine (MAYBE) Not sure about this one yet.

But will log tomorrows diet. Wont workout tomorrow no gym. Ill Probably jus walk or something and do my ab's. Later Guys
    Wally

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    heh, all this cutting is making me hungry, I think I will go eat all your meals listed for lunch today (ahhh, its good to be bulking) LOL

sooooo, I dont know about anyone else reading but you have really cut your carbs out havent you? you pushiung some good weight around in those workouts, albeit some of the numbers look a bit lopsided to me. I would focus on legs and back and everything else will fall into place nicely for you. whats your weight? Are you coming off a bulk?

the diet looks good, your smart to take in that amount of flax, you'll need that looking at the low calorie meal plan you got listed. Based on my own personal experience with cutting, I would increase the carbs a bit more.

Add a bowl of oatmeal or grapenuts in the morning to give you the fuel you need to get through the day and get rid of the sleepy 12:00-3:00 phase, and then then another shot of complex carbs (like a large baked potatoe, or tuna or chicken breast sandwich with whole wheat bread) around 4:00 to take you through till you go to sleep.

one way to keep a good ratio is to take half of your protein intake, and make that carbs = can of tuna is 35 grams protein, so you need @ 18 grams carbs to go with that (one to two slices of bread depending on the bread) which is why a tuna sandwich works so well.

eat fibrous carbs (broccoli, spinach, carrots and stuff) with your other meals. eat fruits any time of the day when you feel down or need some energy.

with a cut, I would definielty get a pre-workout shake going 45 minutes to an hour before working out - unless you LIKE feeling hungry during your workout, I know I dont. I get irratable when I am hungry......

you seem to be getting a lot of your food intake from protein shakes and bars = nothing wrong with that, but I like to think of protein shakes and bars as supplements. time is big factor, and those bars save you the time of cooking and pre-baggin chicken breast sanwiches in the morning. BUT if you got the time on a sunday, make a weeks worth of grilled chicken breasts, boil two-three dozen eggs, and your ready for the week.

speaking of eggs, dont forget about them, eat 3-5 of those a day = 21-35 grams of protein right there

OH! and dont forget to take a lot of vitamin C = for myself I get almost a gram a day of that. And red raspberry zinger tea has loads of anti oxidants in it, get some of that to sit and relax in front of the boob tube.

creatine on a cut is ultimately up to you, for myself, I dont need the spike that creatine gives me, plus I am trying to lose water weight and BF, and creatine creates water retention.

not sure how long this post is, so i am ending it here....most of this info was already given to me at one time or other and other stuff I learned from this site.

Welcome to Journal land, and let me know if you gots any specific questions.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Tiredly going Insane
    WHen you say the numbers look lopsided which ones? Some of it is first tiem doing and id rather get form down.

Never bulked in my life. Im about 186 now started at about 188-9. So ive obviously lost some weight.

I know i have a alot of my protien from shakes and bars. THe onyl time i eat a bar is on mon-wed-friday at 7:30... thats when i work and i get no breaks or antyhing cause i am part time. So i take a quick stroll through the warehouse while cramming a bar down my throat. Also 2nd meal protien shake wouldnt be a shake if my school was more leinant (sp) with eatting. If we get caught eatting they take all the food away and leave wiht a 75$ ticket.

So with the protien shake its something easy to hide behind in a back pack and then chug it quickly when the teacher isnt looking. I know you dont see many veggies in there... i will be taking care of that this weekend.

I went on this diet with about 85% of the food i needed, the last 15% i didnt have was veggies and some more tuna. I am goign to be picking up broccoli and some cucumbers this weekend (will cucumbers work)? About the eggs... i dont knwo about 3-5 DOZEN. I am on a big money problem right now. I get 15$ a week to buy food... my paycheck from work goes straight to the bank. I do make chicken every night though for my 4th meal. But yea. Here is todays diet so far:

Woke up later cause we had no school:

Meal one: Protien Shake with dry oats
    Meal 2: Protien Shake with flax
    Meal 3: Tin of Tuna on 2 slices of wheat bread

Meal 4: Comin in about 2 hours will be a protien bar. I have to work!
    Meal 5 after work will be chicken
    Meal 6: will be a shake with flax

But yea i was going to go on creatine after this cut when i bulk. im also workin on the preworkout shake. But hey man i gotta get going. If you have MSN or AIm Im me on there.
    AIM: Wallysworld118
    MSN: Mademan118@hotmail.com

Later
    Wally
    Last edited by Mademan118; 02-20-2004 at 03:26 PM.

you get a ticket and have to pay a fine for eating in class?! WTF!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

Tiredly going Insane
    yea thats why i have to be really careful about how i eat and ****. This school is really strict.

Tiredly going Insane
    instead of the protien shake before bed should i eat cottage cheese? Would that be a better subsitute? Also im thinkin about goin on a fat burner. People are telling me the thermocin is pretty good (sold here). What do you think?

Tiredly going Insane
    and yes my back is pretty bad. Ive never really trained back. Its coming along though. Also i cant really train legs. I do light light weight training (i have horrible knees). But it will be coming along soon i hope

now your using the old noggin! DEFINITELY eat cottage cheese before you go to bed! save the shake for morning when you need protein fast.

mix the cottage cheese with some kind of fruit to make it taste like desert, I use strawberries

yep, get the thermicen = they got a good sale on it right now. basically anything with ephedra in it is great before it goes away for good. just follow the directions when using ephedra, cause it can get addictive and you can get used to the accelerated heart rate and then get to thinking you need to increase the dosage to get that feeling back. it is still working even after the body gets adjusted to it.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Tiredly going Insane
    When do you think i will start losin the pounds? I wasnt expectin to lose naything within the first couple of weeks. How about apples and cottage cheese? Will that work? Also my scale says im the say weight but i can see more of the muscle in my chest, traps, back, and arms. I can even see a little contraction in my abdomen area. What do you think

Tiredly going Insane
    and also how long do you think that sale will be goin on? i dont dont have a credit card or anything so i dont know what i can do. I have an ATM card for my bank though... will that work? i jus opened an account and i have no idea what the hell im doin when it comes to ordering **** online.

Tiredly going Insane
    feb 21, 04
    Well i woke up early today and thought id jus post my first meal.
    So far i have
    Meal 1: Protien shake with Oats.

I also weighed myself this morning on an empty stomach and everythiing else, i weighed 187! i sure am happy. Last night when i weighed myself i was kind of discouraged because i was back at 189 but that was right after a meal.

I want to start doin some cardio, as it is essential in cutting. I can jog maybe 15 minutes. What else could i do after the run that wouldnt be so harsh on the knees? I have horrible knee problems for a kid my age and so i cant really do much of anything. i want to ride a stationary bike for about 30 minutes 2 times a week and then walk for 30 minutes 3 more times a week. will this work?

Tiredly going Insane
    Feb. 22, 2004
    Hey Hows it goin. Let me finish my meals from yesterday. It was kind of my cheat day as i was at home and i didnt have the right food wih me on the road.

Meal 2: I had a protien shake with flax
    Meal 3: Grilled Chicken Burger with lettuce and tomato's on a wheat bun.
    Meal 4: 1 Slice of pizza
    Meal 5: Some Almonds

As you can see, i reallly didnt get that much food in. I didnt get home till 1 or so and i didnt have any tuna or chicken with me on the road. Todays Meals:

Meal 1: Protien Shake
    Meal 2: Protien Shake with flax
    Thats all so far.
    Well post more later

Tiredly going Insane
    jus placed my order for the thermocin.

Tiredly going Insane
    also:
    Meal 3: Turkery Sandwich. 2 slices wheat bread and 3 slices of turkey. Little hot sauce.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Looks like you've got everything in line for a good cut. Keep that willpower strong.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Tiredly going Insane
    thanks man im tryin. Its kinda hard to with the family and everything they keep on questioning me. But i jus went out and bought soom food that i will not let go to waste! I love this feeling and i already feel like ive lost some weight. Maybe im exaggerating but i don tknow i feel like i have more energy then before iwth the 6 meal plan. I would usually only eat 1-2 meals a day and i would feel like ****. hopefully i will lose a good 20-30 pounds or until im completely ripped

Tiredly going Insane
    Meal 4: Chicken and some broccoli

Meal 5 is comin up shortly and im going to eat some cottage cheese with flax. how much cottage cheese should i eat? Should i mix in some protien powder to add more protien or what?