Thread: You should be sore after every workout, right?

You should be sore after every workout, right?

kind of a stupid question i guess...

i worked out legs last week, after not working out for a while, and for a week i was so sore i thought i was dying. i worked out legs again yesterday, using the same weight as last week, and my legs feel tired, but not really sore.

should every workout make you severely sore like working out after a long break? like the next day especially.

No. Soreness is a side effect of intense training. Some muscle are more suceptiable (sp) to it then others, that's all.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

The first day back with legs is going to hurt about worse than anything, in my experience anyway.
    Also, doing the same amount of weight probably isn't going to kick your ass as hard unless you did significantly more reps.