The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

noobie looking for a plan

hey, what's up guys. this WILL turn out to be a nutrition question, trust me... lol.

i'm a pretty new guy when it comes to lifting and nutrition. my goal is to add about 20-30 pounds of lean muscle mass. i'm only 6'0" 150 lbs... so i'm a pretty skinny dood. i'm 15.9% body fat (from a 3 site skinfold) and here are some of my biometrics:

shoulders girth: 14 in.
    chest girth: 37.5 in.
    abdomen girth: 31.5 in.
    waist girth: 32 in.
    hips girth: 37.5 in.
    bicep girth: 11 in.
    forearm girth: 10.5 in.
    thigh girth: 20 in.
    calf girth: 14 in.
    body mass index: 19 bmi

i JUST started hitting up the weights the other day... just did one set of a few reps on pretty much everything - to kinda warm me up. i had a trainer that i know give me a good workout plan... i think i can get the lifting part down. what i need help with is the NUTRITION. see, i've got the ectomorph body type... fast metabolism... and i know that i'm going to need lots of protein in my new diet. i was told that to see gains, i would need to eat as many grams of protein as i weigh. so if i weigh 150, i'll need 150g of protein per day. is this true? currently, my diet consists of...

- eggs in the morning (usually egg omlet), bananna, milk.
    - 2 tuna sandwiches for lunch
    - protein bar
    - turkey... or some kind of lean meat for dinner... potato...
    - and later on at night - peanut butter sandwich or bowl of chili or something.
    - and lots of water all through the day.

not really sure of my calorie daily intake ?

now... this is what i'm having trouble with. i'm attending college right now, so i don't have time to cook up my own special little recipes and stuff... i sort of just have to know about what types of foods i should be consuming (what contains protein, etc.), how many protein bars/shakes/whatever i should take daily, etc. etc. i'm not really sure of what all contains protein. but if you all could give me some suggestions, maybe then i could pick out some more food to eat from the buffets they have here and such. i don't want to eat the same food everyday. should i eat more than 4 meals daily... i heard 5-6 is better... but then couldn't i consume less protein per meal? or is more protein per meal for 3-4 meals better?

also - i'm not real sure of the supplements. i currently only eat protein bars every once in awhile. i don't know what to take though... i heard the shakes are good. any reccomendations for any kind of supplements for me (and how much i should consume daily of them)?

lots of questions, i know... but... ANY help would be very much appreciated. any suggestions, comments, plans, anything, lol...
    Last edited by ATX; 02-19-2004 at 08:20 PM.
    - steve

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

try this... since ur an ectomorph..this is gonna sound strange alright? ...lol..

eat as much as you possibly can...as many times as you can.. you're body will burn it almost as fast as you take it in... have 2 colossal weight gainers a day.. .. double whoppers...big macs...super burritos.. a whole bucket of chicken.. dont limit urself with a diet..i gotta friend that is 5'11 160 with the same style body as you.. and he eats upwards of 7000 calories a day......and has gotten alot bigger in the last few weeks...and STILL has a six pack......

so if thats TRULY ur body type.. do that.. then if you get too fat... dont worry about it cuz all ya gotta do is drop calories to burn off that excess fat...

must be nice to be an ectomorph.

so just eat lots of anything i want, huH? that's gonna work? lol, yeah it does sound strange. just doesn't sound like it's a very organized or healthy plan to me.
    - steve

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    7000 calories. Holy dayum.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

7000 calories. Holy dayum.
    took the words right out of my mouth, lol.

now i'm sorta thinking of just taking some supplements like protein shakes and powders now though. i dunno.
    Last edited by ATX; 02-22-2004 at 10:01 PM.
    - steve